Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Is anyone in for this week's SAL? I'll be continuing on with David, but may not get a whole lot done as this is our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.
    Wendy

Images
    The prodigal daughter returns. Sorry I've been gone so long. I didn't intend to be, but life (both good and bad) intervened. I'm hoping that things have settled a bit now and things will end up being easier. At any rate, this morning I finished a project that will be donated to the new Ronald McDonald House in Peoria, IL. It is a brand new house and the grand opening is scheduled for in early December. I got the piece washed today and it will go to the framer on Monday. Last night it got down to 32 degrees so it really does feel like fall now. In honor of that, I'm going to return to Midnight Moon for a while. As this project has only ever been posted to this list, I figure I should continue that tradition. When I sent it aside, I was at 6,275 stitches completed of the 132,100 in the design with 50 of the 82 colors in play. I'm planning to work on it the rest of this month and probably into November. Then depending on my mood I will either continue working on this until the end of the year or return to Goddess of Passion for a while. And in January I'm going to return to Night Cafe. So let's see how far I get on Midnight Moon . . .
    Debbie K. in Illinois

I'm stitching this weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bobbie
    Last edited by slowstitcher; 10-13-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Images
    Great to see you back Debbie! The forum has had an overhaul since you were here last, and we are able to post our photos the way we did before.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes Bobbie!
    Wendy

Images
    So I see. You've made great progress on David since I've been gone! He's looking terrific!

Bobbie, I'm sorry you don't have a way to post pictures right now. I'd love to see your progress on Libby. And Wendy has always been gracious enough to allow people to post progress on non-GK projects on this list. The donation piece I just finished is an Ursula Michael design that was designed specifically for the Ronald McDonald House donation projects I'm involved with, and the current project I'm working on is a Mystic Stitch. I also have several Heaven and Earth Designs in progress along with a couple of Golden Kites. And the members of this forum provided the encouragement I needed a couple of years ago to get a large Chatelaine design completed that was to be a gift for my cousin on her birthday. Without their encouragement I don't think I would have finished it on time.

I noticed that while I was gone Debby S returned to the forum for a while. I was sorry I missed her. I adore her winter piece and would have loved to have been here when she was. I'm also sorry she was unable to get her progress pictures to upload. As you say, Wendy, it will be great to have the pictures posting correctly again!

Since I finished this during the weekend, I thought I would post my finish on the RMH project. It goes to the framer today. I started stitching on it on 9/16/19 and finished it on 10/12/19. As it was on my needlework frame, there was about a week in that period when I didn't work on it all because my husband was in the hospital. During that time I worked on Home Is Where the Magic Is Storykeep simply because it was designed to carry with me. I think in all, I probably only needed about 14 days to finish the project. It's just that the 14 days were scattered over a month! I'll take a picture of it again once I have it framed, but overall I think it turned out pretty well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RMH Complete Unframed Downsized.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	9312
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Oohh Debbie, this is lovely, and what beautiful sentiments are expressed in it! It is such a thoughtful gift from the heart. I hope your husband is doing well after his stay in the hospital.

Bobbie, I may have to go visit you while I'm in North Carolina so that I can take a photo of your work and post it here!!

I'm a bit late with my photos - busy days yesterday and today.

Name:	IMG_7238.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	9313 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7242.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	9314

Until I get farther down on the legs, it is quite a strange looking piece from this perspective!!
    Last edited by WendyLee; 10-16-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    Wendy

Images
    Anyone in for this SAL? I'll be continuing on with David - my last weekend working on him until we get back home near the end of November. I'll take a smaller project with me to work on.
    Wendy

Images
    I'm in with Midnight Moon. I didn't manage to get pictures posted from last weekend, but to be fair, looiking at it, there didn't appear to be much progress. This weekend will be better!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Great, Debbie! I was hoping that I wouldn't be alone.
    Wendy

Images
    Well, I'm going to post early this weekend since we've got a fall barbecue to attend today that will eat up a good portion of the day, tomorrow I take Chuck to the cardiologist to see if we can figure out why his afib hasn't disappeared, and Tuesday (if all goes well at the cardiologist tomorrow), I leave for a trip to Denver with my cousin, Pam. I want to make sure I get this done this weekend, so here goes.

When I set this one aside back in January of 2018, I had completed 6,275 stitches on it. The first picture is where I stopped. As of yesterday evening when I quit, I was up to 7,122 complete, putting the project at 4.68% complete.

Name:	2018-01-25.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	9316 as of 1/25/18 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-10-20 Downsized.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	9317 As of end of day 1/19/19
    Debbie K. in Illinois