Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: October Friday - Monday SAL

Images

October Friday - Monday SAL

Good morning! Another SAL is upon us, and I'll be continuing on with David. His muscular calf is beginning to develop! We may be going away for the weekend, but I'm hoping to have a couple of days stitching. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Yes, I'm stitching this evening as soon as I get off my computer. I've started page 12 - basically the last page of the row. Page 13 is only 9 stitches wide so I'm not counting it as a page. The heat wave here is finally supposed to break tonight/ tomorrow. I am so looking forward to it!

Bobbie

Images
    Great - glad you're in Bobbie! I've been watching the North Carolina weather closely, because we're flying to Myrtle Beach on Oct. 24 or thereabouts and staying near Calabash, NC. I see that you are still in your heat wave, but didn't know that it's supposed to break. I hope it doesn't get too cold until the end of November! We are at the freezing mark overnight, and frost in the mornings - it's cooold!! Our golf season is rapidly coming to a close.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Morning everyone I am hoping that tonight I might find some cross stitch mojo but even if I don’t I will love looking at everyone’s projects xx my boys areback on the frame so that’s a start
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    That's good to hear, Chris! We haven't seen your Boys for quite some time.
    Wendy

Myrtle Beach is a bit south of me. And, being on the coast, the winters there are fairly mild for the most part. As I understand it, golf is a year-round activity there. I have no first hand knowledge of the place. I grew up in a city very much like Myrtle Beach, so it hold no attraction for me. If you're going the end of October, you'll probably be okay. You may want to pack an extra sweater just in case.

Bobbie

Images
    Thanks for the suggestion, Bobbie! No, Myrtle Beach itself has no attraction for me - too, too busy. Just about 20 minutes north, near Calabash, NC, it is much quieter. We will be staying in an area that still has a number of golf courses within a 5 minute drive, with grocery stores and restaurants nearby. No need to go into Myrtle Beach at all!

I had arthroscopic surgery on both of my knees in May to repair meniscus tears, and missed most of my golf season while they healed, so that's why we're going now. I have to get a bit of golf in now that I'm able - it will be a long winter!
    Wendy

Images
    We ended up not going away after all last weekend, so I got more done than expected. Rather than stitching down, I went to the right of his leg and got some of the draped fabric done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7228.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	9310 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7233.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	9311

It's so nice to have the photos uploading properly again!
    Wendy

You did get quite a bit done, Wendy. Gosh, I bet it is so nice to stitch "in color". My swath of black is just getting bigger. There is some hope, though; in about 2 and a half pages, I get to stitch with. . . .browns!

It may turn out to be a good thing that you weren't able to golf this weekend. We haven't had any rain in weeks. Allegedly, some is coming next week so maybe the course will be better(?) after that. As you can tell, I don't know much about it.

Bobbie

Images
    Thank you Bobbie! Ahh, you will switch from black to brown - whoop-dee-doo!! I hope you will soon get your new phone so that we can see your piece.

I am following the Calabash weather forecast diligently, and can see that there will be rain for three days next week. That's almost all we have had lately and the ground is saturated. If things are that dry down there, the golf ball should roll a mile!!
    Wendy