Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Lovely progress on your snowy roof, Debby! It was hard to tell with the white on white, but when I enlarged them in two different tabs I could see definite progress. You seem to have the same problem I do, with the photos uploading in reverse order. It doesn't do it all the time, though. I'm just happy that we can now post them!

Here is my progress on David. His thigh looks more muscular in the photo that it appears to in real life - possibly because I'm not standing far enough away from him. Almost finished this page, which will also be the row!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7206.JPG   IMG_7208.JPG  
    Wendy

Wendy, you got quite a bit done this time. David will be standing on his own two feet before you know it. I was looking at the pattern picture and I can't quite tell - is there another person behind his feet or is it more of the fabric?

Debby, we are still suffering through summer heat and humidity here so your snow looks very inviting. I spent the better part of my day today with sweat running off my nose . . . as I was raking fallen dead leaves. Snow would have been a treat.

I was able to stitch most of the weekend. I'm up to page 10. Getting a new phone is creeping towards the top of my "to do" list. I'm not really "into" technology so I tend to do these things slowly. I was doing a little research and it looks like I may be able to just replace the battery - I think. Either way, all I have to show right now is a wide swath of black. Not much to see yet.

Bobbie

Images
    Thank you so much Bobbie! It is all fabric around his feet - not really looking forward to stitching it, but I suppose it's somewhat better than a wide swath of black. I hope your phone issue gets resolved so that we can see some photos of your project.

Ahh, we all have our weather issues! We had a 'frost advisory' for last night and the mornings are very cold. I'd like some of your heat for a few more weeks.
    Wendy

Can we swap? I'll send you more summer and you can send me some early winter?

Bobbie

Images
    Ahh, that would be lovely!
    Wendy

Wendy and Bobbie, right now we've probably got the weather you would both like - cool nights, but no frost. Lots of sun and warm days. On the weekend we are supposed to have the return of summer. I'm looking forward to that! But I know it won't last.
    Debby

David is looking so good, Wendy. You did get lots done.
    I'm wondering - when you're working on the frame, do you have to sit up straight on a chair and pull the frame towards you? I used to have to do that when I had some needlepoint on a frame. And then I had to flip it over when I wanted to finish off a piece of fibre. That was a pain to do. But I think it will be better for my posture to go back to that instead of slouching on the couch the way I do now.
    Debby

Bobbie, I just did a search and found your pattern. Lots of black, that's for sure. But it will be SO great to see the colours starting to come in. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Keep going!
    Debby

Thank you Debby. I'm trying! Her hair starts in the next row so I'll have some relief from black.

Bobbie

Images
    Thank you Debby! Yes, I sit straight on my chair and pull the frame exactly where I need it. This one is a dream to use - the frame just flips over to the back with just a touch of a finger. It's a Mark II, and it's Canadian made. Google Mark II floor stand and take a look!
    Wendy