Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: September Friday - Monday SAL

Images

September Friday - Monday SAL

Hi all! Another SAL time again. I will be continuing on with David, and working on his muscular thigh!

Bobbie, I hope you were safe during the hurricane. I've been watching the devastation in the Bahamas - just unbelievable. It looks like the sun is now shining in Wilmington, so the hurricane isn't stalled anymore. We will be on the receiving end of it tomorrow, here on Eastern Canada, although it likely won't be as strong. Very heavy rains and high winds - I hope we keep our electricity.

Will anyone be joining in the SAL?
    Wendy

I'm too far from the coast to really be affected by the hurricane. Once in a while, we might get a little breeze or a little rain from the very outer bands but otherwise, nothing. And, yes, you're right. Unbelievable is the right word. I've seen lots of storm damage in lots of places but that is just unbelievable.

I haven't stitched much since last week; just too many chores and such. I'm should be able to stitch on Sunday and Monday and (hopefully) finish my page. Wendy, you're really not that far from finishing David, are you?

With any luck, my pea brain will remember to check in on Tuesday.

Bobbie

Images
    I'm glad to hear all is well, Bobbie! Our rain started this morning, and the winds are picking up. By late this afternoon and tonight we'll be right in the middle of it - high winds and driving rain.

I still have quite a ways to go on David. This page finish will be row 6 of 10, but not all the pages will be full ones. Another year at a minimum, and that depends on how much travelling we do. I don't take him away with me.
    Wendy

Wendy, we've heard about lots of people in NB without power and the storm is now a Cat 2. I really hope you make it through without any damage.
    Working on Winter again....
    Debby

Images
    What a wild night we had here! Our electricity went out around 5:00 pm and Peter is away on a fishing trip. It was so boring all alone in the dark with nothing to do. Thank goodness I have a good book light! The sun is shining now, but the winds are still strong. I’m sitting in a coffee shop to make use of their WiFi and check my emails. I just checked the power outage site and see that there are no outages in my area, so it must have come back on in the past hour - yay! There are so many trees and signs that have blown down, but our damage is mild compared to Nova Scotia.
    Wendy

Images
    I forgot to say - 121.3 mm of rain!!
    Wendy

When I did live on the coast, I lost power once for three days due to a hurricane. My house was all electric, so I really couldn't do anything. I lit some candles and stitched to relieve the boredom.

Images
    Three days - yikes! All I'd be able to do is read. Since I'm stitching on black fabric, I need my good Ott-Lite to see what I'm doing. Normal daylight doesn't seem to be enough.
    Wendy

Images
    Here's my progress on David's thigh. I lost Saturday evening due to the power outage, but still managed to get quite a bit done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7198.JPG   IMG_7203.JPG  
    Wendy

I can definitely see your progress, Wendy. Great work, hurricane and all.

I guess the cleanup is continuing now after the storm.
    Debby