Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: August Friday - Monday SAL

Images

August Friday - Monday SAL

Here's my progress on David. I moved up to the right of his thigh, stitching the fabric draped around his body and covering his unmentionables! It isn't looking like much of anything right now, but it will take shape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7162.JPG   IMG_7158.JPG  
    Wendy

Images
    Just in case anybody is interested and available, it's SAL time again! I'll announce them for the month of August, but right now it appears that I'm the only one participating, so sadly enough, this may be the end of them. I'll be continuing on with David. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Yes, I'm in. . .sort of. I can't post photos right now. My phone is on it's last leg and I don't have a camera.

I've been reading the forum for quite some time but didn't feel comfortable joining in since I wasn't stitching on a GK pattern. I bought 3 of them a couple of years ago and they have been languishing in my stash while I finished other projects. Finally, I was able to start my first one last month. Since I can't post photos right now, I hope a "stitch count" will be OK for now.

Bobbie

Images
    Hi Bobbie, and welcome to the Forum! It will be great if you join in, and we will await your photos whenever you are able to post them. Which charts did you buy, and which one have you started? I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Bobbie, welcome to GK xx look forward to your updates x

Hi all am home at last wi th jet lag.... heyho it will sort I have set out tomorrow morning to sort out my gk to start stitching again just need to get my stitching corner sorted again ❤️
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Welcome back home Chris! I really enjoyed seeing all of your photos of the wedding and your trip. I hope your jet lag passes quickly and you will soon be stitching again!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    thank you wendy, I will be sorting out my stitching today - moving things around a bit and then I should be ready to go I will put some of the wedding pics in the family section soon x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

I have started a portrait, Elizabeth Wethered Barringer (#1999). I also have a still life, Peonies, Roses and Hollyhocks (#2243) and Orbis (#S1699).

As best I can determine, Libby (as she is known in my house) will take me at least two years to stitch. I'm working is rows so, right now I'm stitching (mostly) black background across the top. There is a little bit of a green/ brown blend stitched in. Otherwise, there is just miles of black thread. I was able to finish about 1500 stitches for the SAL this week. I had hoped to do more but, well, you know how that goes sometimes.

As I mentioned, I'm not able to take photos right now. I'm so looking forward to seeing yours.

Bobbie

Images
    Oohh, Bobbie, she's lovely! I hope you soon get a camera or a new phone so that we can watch her grow. I'm especially interested in seeing how the lace on her dress stitches up. The other two charts in your stash are beauties also!

Here is my progress on David. I'm still working on the fabric draping his body, and less than 1,000 stitches for a page finish - then two partial pages for the row finish.

Edit: oops, for some reason they have uploaded in reverse order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7167.JPG   IMG_7166.JPG  
    Wendy

Wendy, David is looking quite good. You're braver than I am stitching him on black fabric. I tried stitching a small sampler-type design on navy blue fabric once. I got so frustrated that I ended up throwing it away.

Yes, the lace does look interesting. I've looked ahead on the pattern pages and they look like complete confetti. It should be fun.

Bobbie