Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: August Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Thank you Bobbie! Actually the black isn't that bad to stitch on because I have a good light and a magnifier. The hardest stitching is the darker colours on the black, where I am now. I wouldn't be able to do it with just my eyes. I'll be happy to get this section finished and back to the light colours!
    Wendy

Images
    SAL time again! I will be continuing on with my David. Hopefully some of you will be joining in. Bobbie, I'll be interested to hear how you have progressed!
    Wendy

Yes, I'm in. I've started on page 7 (of 13) across the top. As I said, miles of black thread still.

Bobbie

Images
    Sounds like you're moving right along on her, Bobbie! At least if it's all black you can speed through it and hopefully there will be something more interesting in the next row. Hang in there - she's a beauty!
    Wendy

Images
    I've been running the roads all day and will be tomorrow too. Our golf club has two teams registered for the Golf Fore the Cure provincial tournament being played tomorrow, so I've been sorting out all of our donations and preparing myself (balls, equipment, practice, etc.) all day. This tournament raises funds each year for breast cancer research. So ... I haven't taken my after photos yet, and likely won't post them until tomorrow evening, depending on what time I get home, or Thursday. I got lots stitched, so I will post them!!
    Wendy

Have a good game tomorrow! Its a good cause, the photos will keep.

I have just about finished page 7 - not quite 1600 stitches. The little bit of confetti that I've had is starting to peter out so I will be back to solid black in a page or two. The good news is that Libby's hair begins in the next row.

Bobbie

Images
    You're moving along at a great speed, Bobbie! Ahh, it will be so nice to see her hair and head developing. I can't wait to see her - do you have a new phone in the works soon?

We had a fabulous time at our tournament, and the total money raised from donations and ticket sales was just over $35,000! It would have been much more, but four teams that normally participate were unable to go this year.

Here is my David. I'm hoping to finish this page in the next SAL.

Edit: I see they uploaded in reverse order once again - no idea why!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7171.JPG   IMG_7167.JPG  
    Wendy

Hi guys!
    I've bee MIA for such a long time. I decided to try to push on with my mystery SAL from last year. But nope, I wasn't going to finish it. So many things in the way. So after I finished last June/July offerings, I decided to go back to my Winter GK. It actually feels good. It's like an old friend. I'll try to post next Monday to show you where it is. There won't be huge progress (there never is), but I'm trying. I should really call myself "slowstitcher". That's me for sure.
    Debby

Images
    Welcome back Debby!

Hah, as you can see, that one is already taken!! Perhaps you can number yourselves 1 and 2.

It will be nice to see your Winter once again.
    Wendy

Images
    SAL weekend once again! I'll be continuing on with David, and am aiming for a page finish. If it doesn't happen, I will be so close and will get it done next week. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy