Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: July Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Thank you so much, Tamara!

That's wonderful news that you are now in the system! Now the waiting begins. If you happen to have an attack in the meantime and have to go to ER, is there a chance that it will be removed earlier? That's what happened with my friend's husband, but I know that all provincial health systems operate differently.

Enjoy your weekend, your celebrations and your kayaking! Summer is going by all too quickly!
    Wendy

Oh yes. If I have a bad attack they could do it earlier. Honestly the wait should not be that bad. The tracing system BC uses for surgeries suggests that 50% of his patients at this hospital get it done within 4.1 weeks and 90% of patients withing 4.2 weeks. Not entirely sure if that is from when I see him, when it makes it in the system, or from when the hospital finally calls you though. He said the best guess he could give is later in the fall which is pretty quick. It will be hopefully be cooler to recover.

I went away for the long weekend to a family reunion and summer finally came to Prince George while I was gone. It was as hot in Prince George as it was in Kamloop / Kelowna / Salmon Arm area suddenly. I was down across the lake from Salmon Arm with over 100 of my relatives and it was a gorgeous weekend. We did a 90th birthday party for my Uncle Harold in Kamloops as well. It was so much fun and great to see everyone as we are spread out over 4 provinces (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba). Next one in 3 years will probably be in Alberta and I am hoping within a day's drive of me so I can go.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Yay for summer - it sure took it's time getting to you! Wow, that was a very large family gathering. It's great that you can all get together for events. Four weeks from Monday, we'll be having a 90th for my mother.

Good luck with your wait! You are correct, recovering in the cooler weather will be much more comfortable.
    Wendy