Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    I know that I didn't announce the SAL this week, but I'm hoping that I'm not the only one who participated. Here is my progress on David. Less than a page to go for a row finish!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7083.JPG   IMG_7084.JPG  
    Wendy

Images
    I did! Made reasonable progress on Saturday and Sunday, although I had no chance to work on it on Monday. But here is my progress on Goddess of Passion over the weekend. The project now stands at 3,840 stitches complete of the 191,100 in the project. That makes it 2.01% complete! The first picture is as of 6/11/19 which was where I stopped last weekend, and the second is where I ended on Sunday. I really do love the intensity of the colors on this piece. I'll work on it some today, but then set it aside as this is our long weekend in Wisconsin. So progress for this weekend will be on Home Is Where the Magic Is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-06-10.jpg   2019-06-16 RS.jpg  
    Last edited by Debbie Kluge; 06-19-2019 at 03:31 PM.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Beautiful progress, Debbie, and such lovely colours! I love the intensity also.

Did you do anything different when posting your photos this time? I see that you only have the thumbnails, which is what used to happen. Mine still has the huge photos as well as the thumbnails.
    Wendy

Images
    I used the Go Advanced button this time and then loaded them through the Manage Attachments options rather than using the load photo button. I did downsize them before I tried the upload, though.

I did get a note from Marcus the other day. He's been sick which is why he really hasn't had the time to look into this closely. I told him his health was more important and that we'd found a work around for now.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    Wendy your David is absolutely fabulous xx

Debbie, good progress on your Goddess of Passion xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Thank you so much Chris!

Debbie, I'm going to try re-uploading my photos the way you did it, to see what happens.

Hooray, it worked - you're brilliant! I didn't have to re-size it either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7083.JPG   IMG_7084.JPG  
    Wendy

Images
    I heard from Marcus over the weekend. He says he's found a problem in the database that he thinks is causing the problem. He said he's going to work with support to try to get it corrected.

I made good progress on Home Is Where the Magic Is over the weekend. I've got about 145 stitches to finish to complete the diagonal I'm currently working on and then I'll set this one aside again until the next time I travel. It currently stands at 1,685 stitches completed of the 29,145 in the design, putting it at 5.78% complete. Of the 1,685, 1,120 of those stitches were completed this weekend. That's pretty good progress for me. So the pictures below are (1) my starting point on Thursday morning and (2) where I stood when I quit last night. This is Home is Where the Magic Is by Randall Spangler, charted by Heaven and Earth Design. It is worked on 20 count Easy Count fabric using 2 strands of DMC floss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-06-10.jpg   2019-06-24 Reduced.jpg  
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thanks for that info about the website, Debbie!

You've made wonderful progress on your travel project - quite a smattering of different colours from what's in your other piece! There is lovely detail appearing already.

I've been out all day and haven't taken my photo yet - I'll do it sometime this evening.
    Wendy

Images
    Ok, here's my progress on David. Almost at a row finish, but not sure if it will happen in the next SAL or not. Here's a try with Debbie's method of uploading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7091.JPG   IMG_7092.JPG  
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    You've made wonderful progress on your travel project - quite a smattering of different colours from what's in your other piece! There is lovely detail appearing already.
    You wouldn't know it to look at it, but I've got 21 different colors in play here, 11 in various shades of blue, 4 of gray, 3 of purple, 1 of pink, 1 of tawny, and black. Ten of those shades are the same as the ones in Winter Wings, but I'm not finding it boring. I think it's because largely, the colors aren't the grayed shades that were so prevalent in Winter Wings. Most of them are clear, pure colors. The main base right now is 939 and 823, which are dark shades of navy blue, but those are mixed with several shades of royal blue, cornflower blue, and delft blue. It's enough different to make it fun. And speaking of this design and different, I'm in awe of a woman on the HAED list. Her name is Фаннии Тильбертовнаand she lives in Moscow. She is working the full sized version of this chart on 25 count Lugana, but rather than working it in floss, she's converted it all over to PRECIOSA Traditional Czech Beads. I like beading, but I can't imagine doing something this size (the original size chart is 450 x 707 and uses 90 colors.) That would be 318,150 beads, plus whatever extras you'd need to purchase to account for losses from dropping or mis-shapen beads that can't be used. It boggles my mind!
    Debbie K. in Illinois