Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June Friday - Monday SAL

Images

June Friday - Monday SAL

Good morning! This is a second announcement of this week's SAL - I completely forgot that it is now June! I am continuing on with David and Debbie is in with Goddess of Passion. Will anyone else be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Here is my progress on David. I stitched more than it looks, but there was lots of confetti down the right side of the page. The page didn't quite get finished - only 17 stitches left, but it was getting late and there were so many colour changes! I'll get them done tonight and start the next page, which looks quite easy at the top. Let's see how my uploading goes - hope it works!

Looks like it's still not working the same as it did before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7059.JPG   IMG_7068.JPG  
    Wendy

Well it seems I can't upload photos at all either. I will have to keep an eye out for when we can again. I do have quite a bit of progress after my weekend at the quilting retreat, but doing cross stitching instead of quilting. It was a lot of fun being there with those ladies. We even did a group shot in costume out in Barkerville with the 20 of us.

I am getting closer to being sent off to camp for my aerial photos. We figure sometime in the next 2 weeks as long as the weather and smoke cooperate.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    I'll send Marcus another email.

Are there fires again already, Tamara? I'm assuming that's what you mean by smoke. That seems very early for forest fires - it should be all wet from the winter and snow melt I would think.
    Wendy

Images
    I managed to get a picture to upload this morning in the May thread. It still uploaded as a full sized picture in the note, but it uploaded fine. You might try it again, Tamara.

I didn't get far enough last weekend to even take a picture. Every time I turned around there was something cropping up that needed doing and I don't think I got a full hour to stitch all weekend. I did manage a little bit on Wednesday, but even that wasn't much. But today I hope to have a good portion of the day to work on it. So I'm definitely in for this weekend on the SAL. I have my family reunion on Saturday afternoon/evening, but I think the rest of the weekend is pretty much clear.

Actually, I suppose I should qualify my statement about last weekend. I did get some stitching done, but not on Goddess of Passion. I decided that I enjoyed the storykeep that I just finished and want to do another one. We leave on the 20th for a long weekend of racing in Wisconsin, so I decided that I'd get everything set up and start Home Is Where the Magic Is Storykeep by Randall Spangler to take with me for that weekend. I was able to kit up all of the floss from house stores so I got that done fairly quickly, but I knew that if I was going to work this on a snap frame that I could carry with me as a traveling project, I wasn't going to be able to work it on any of the pre-gridded fabric I had in the house. All I currently have is 25 and 32 count. So I ordered a piece of 20 count and one of 18. While waiting from them to arrive I did a test stitch on both counts and decided that the 18 count should work. When the fabric came, I got it cut, overcast and mounted and then started it so the design would be set and I wouldn't have to try to get the design centered in a moving car. Unfortunately, after about 100 stitches and I decided I didn't like the coverage at all. I can work 18 on my standing frame and be happy with the coverage because I have both hands free to control the thread. But trying to work one-handed just didn't work. So one of my tasks for today is to get the 20 count cut, prepped and mounted so I can get the design started and ready for when we leave. This is the design.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home Is Where The Magic Is Image.jpg  
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    So the day dawned bright and sunny and I had enough light to get my SAL pictures this morning. So here is my progress for the weekend. I managed to get Home Is Where the Magic Is centered and started on the 20 count fabric on Friday and then ended up taking it to my family reunion on Saturday where I managed to get a bit more done. Sunday and Monday was devoted to working on Goddess of Passion. So overall, a very productive weekend for stitching. So HIWTMI now stands at 565 stitches complete. It's a bit over halfway across the width of the piece. One or two more stitching session on it will have the full width set and I'll start working downward on both sides. Unfortunately, Goddess of Passion is not nearly as close. It stands at 2,785 stitches complete/ At least it takes the percentage complete above 1% (1.46%, to be precise) . Provided it will upload, I also took a picture of the will width of the piece just for comparison.
    Home Is Where the Magic Is 6/10/19 Goddess of Passion 6/10/19 Goddess of Passion 6/10/19 full width
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HIWTMI 061019 .jpg   2019-06-10.jpg   2019-06-10 Full Width.jpg  
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    And it's still loading pictures full sized. This is so weird.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Beautiful progress on both of your pieces, Debbie! I love Home is Where the Magic is, and the colours are so very different from Goddess of Passion so you'll always have something to turn to if you tire of a specific colour.

Yup, I'm not sure what's up with the photo uploading. I've exchanged a couple of emails with Marcus, so not sure if he's still looking into it or if he's given up.

Here's my progress on David. I finally got to start my new page and it is coming along quickly now.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7073.JPG   IMG_7077.JPG  
    Wendy

Images
    I couldn't get anything to upload yesterday until I reduced the file sizes. I have to wonder if Marcus changed a setting that caused the size limitations on the picture files to apply. I'm sure they didn't used to because I never had to reduce the files sizes before this. I'm not really good with manipulating photos and the best way I've found to do that is to pull the jpg into Acrobat, reduce the file size, save it as a pdf, and then export it back to a jpg that will uipload. If anyone has any better suggestions on how to do this, I'd welcome them.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    I'm going to try emailing Marcus again, Debbie. He doesn't seem to think that anything has changed. I know it all started on the day that I couldn't open the website and my computer said that something in my Windows had to be updated. I didn't do anything to my Windows, and later that day I was able to open the site. Makes me think that some sort of virus may have gotten into his site.
    Wendy