Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: June Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    It's hard to imagine that you have used that many colours already, Debbie. Oohh, how I would love to see that beaded piece! So she must have done the colour conversion herself? It will be magnificent!
    Wendy

Images
    She did. She's periodically been posting pictures on the HAED Facebook page and it is amazing. I can't begin to imagine how heavy the work must be. She's almost done with it. I don't know how long she's been working on it (I don't remember anyone asking her), but some of the fastest stitchers from that list are Russian.

I haven't touched any needlework since I got back from Wisconsin. By the time we got home, I was getting twinges in my left thumb (from having to support a Q-Snap), right forearm (muscle strain) and shoulder (probably a touch of tendonitis) because almost every free minute I had I was stitching. I needed a break. Add to that, I worked full days Tuesday - Friday this week to make up for the time I missed last week and the time I will miss next week. But I still want to finish the current diagonal on Home Is Where the Magic Is and get back to Goddess of Passion. I'm not sure how much time I'll have this weekend, but I'll post progress next week if I make any.

And next week should be controlled chaos around here. The contractor and his work crew start the house renovations on Monday. They're replacing 9 windows (4 double-hung windows in the back bedrooms that's we'd previously replaced, two of which have failed, plus all of the high awning security windows that we'd never done because we they don't make replacements for them any longer - we're going with custom-sized sliders instead), taking out our old cast iron tub and installing a walk-in shower, and finally, stripping the old sheathing off of the exterior of the house, wrapping it, and then installing new composite siding. In preparation for that, we have to disassemble the front deck so they can get to the front of the house. They'll take care of removing what they need to on the back deck, but the front one is composite and was build from the house outward using hidden fasteners. There's no way to remove boards up by the house without disassembling the entire deck surface. The contractor said he could do it, but Chuck just felt better doing it himself since he knew how it went together. We're also going to clean up and stain the cedar planters and deck benches that go around the edge of the deck. We did this in lieu of railings in the front. It gives me an easy place to plant flowers, and yet the deck appears much more open than if we had installed a railing system. We're also planning to add a second set of stairs off of it so you can get to the ground from either the east or west side of the deck. So it's going to be a busy couple of weeks around here.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Hah, I don't know how you are going to manage any stitching for a bit, Debbie, with all that you have going on at home! I hope your body parts are on the mend.

I finished my row of pages on David! Five finished and five to go, although there will be more stitching in the final row or two than any of the others. I unrolled him for a full photo, but the wrinkled fabric quite detracts from his beauty. So ... the first two photos are the start of the SAL and the row finish, then two views of the full piece and then the start of the next page.

Oops, the full views rotated - don't know why. If I click on them to enlarge, they are right-side up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7098.JPG   IMG_7101.JPG   IMG_7110.JPG   IMG_7111.JPG   IMG_7114.JPG  

IMG_7117.JPG  
    Last edited by WendyLee; 07-02-2019 at 06:32 PM.
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy, congratulations by finishing another row. Your David is looking gorgeous. I admire you for working on a black cloth. As I remember you must have done that before with the pattern Girl with a Pearl Earring.
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Images
    Fantastic progress, Wendy. He really looks wonderful! I still find the shading in this piece amazing. Marcus did a great job in translating your photograph.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thank you so much, Mireille and Debbie! Yes, Marcus did a fabulous job on this, and I marvel at it all the time.

Mireille, the black cloth isn't hard to work with because I have a very good light and magnifier. My eyes aren't as good now as they were with the Girl With a Pearl Earring!!
    Wendy

Images
    I did manage to complete my 145 stitches on Home Is Where the Magic is on Tuesday evening. So that one has now been put away for our next trip and I'm back to Goddess of Passion. I managed to get some work in on it on Sunday and Monday. Not a lot of progress, but some. And anything counts, right? I'm actually working across three pages now - Page 1 and 2, and page 10. I'm about halfway across page 2 on the diagonals and then I'll have to add page 3 into the mix. I don't think I'll be able to complete page 10 all the way to the bottom without moving the scroll frame so I'll have to decide if I want to continue with full diagonals or break at the bottom of my working area and finish the width before moving the scroll. At any rate, the first two pictures here are of Magic. The first is where I was when we got back from Wisconsin and the second is where it was when I put it away. Progress, but nothing particularly interesting in the new section. The same can largely be said for Goddess of Passion. I'm still working background. But the next diagonal adds something new. I'm not sure what, but it will be interesting to see. Magic now has 1,830 stitches complete of the 29,145 in the design, making it 6.28% complete with 21 of the 90 colors in use. GoP now stands at 4,335 complete, which is 2.27% complete. The first picture was the one I posted last and the second is where I finished up on Monday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-06-24 Reduced.jpg   2019-06-29 RS.jpg   2019-06-16 RS.jpg   2019-07-01 RS.jpg  
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    So I finished off the weekend on Goddess of Passion at 5,260 stitches complete. Not too bad. I actually realized last night as I was talking to Chuck that it now takes over 1,000 stitches to complete a diagonal on this design. In a way that's depressing and yet in another way, it's rather exciting. For some reason it feels like I really made progress when I finish a diagonal now! At any rate, here is Goddess of Passion as of this evening. <pause to load picture> Ha! I loaded that with the photo button and it worked. I think Marcus must have gotten the attachments problem fixed!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-07-08 RS.jpg  
    Last edited by Debbie Kluge; 07-09-2019 at 04:44 AM.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Well, darn. I spoke too soon. It looked perfect until I uploaded it. Okay, I fixed it.
    Last edited by Debbie Kluge; 07-09-2019 at 04:44 AM.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    What a beautiful two projects to be working together, Debbie! With those beautiful blues and the vibrant reds, you won't be able to get tired of any colour. If you do, just switch projects! You have made wonderful progress on each of them.

I'll post my photos later today. I've been given permission to golf nine holes, but only using my irons. Friday was the first time I tried it and I was swinging the clubs very tentatively, not wanting to damage anything. I managed ok, so won't be as worried about the outcome today. It's hard to believe that Friday will be eight weeks since my knees were done - and the recovery was more difficult than I had been led to believe. Now that I can start golfing, my spirits will lift!

I'm going to start a July thread for my photos.
    Wendy