Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: May Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Congratulations, Wendy. I'm so glad everything went well. Jut follow your doctor's orders and you'll be bouncing around the golf course like a fawn before you know it!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thank you so much, Debbie!
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy, thank you very much for your response on my private message to you. It is so good to hear your surgery went well and that you will be able to go to the golf course in a couple of weeks.
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Images
    Thank you Mireille!
    Wendy

Wendy I am so glad your surgery went well! It is amazing the difference now in what they tell you to do and how well you can heal now compared to even 15 years ago. I know a couple of guys from work who wrecked their knees on snow shoes for work and the surgeries they had back then had them able to walk cane free to get groceries after 2 months never mind golfing!

Debbie that owl is fantastic!

I had a bit of a lazy weekend, but I did get some stitching in on my map. I will hopefully get some done on my Harry Potter stitch-a-long tonight after work at my friend Trish's house. I think I will take that one to Wells next weekend for the retreat and try to get a good chunk of it done. And take another small WIP from my stash just in case I finish that one. I have a Teresa Wentzler dragon that I fight with on and off that would be good to get a few stitches in again as it has been over 10 years since i started it.

I am working today in an very quiet office as everyone else is off for Victoria Day, but I get Friday off instead. My work computer decided to do a couple of big updates so I am waiting them out before I really start working.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Thanks, Tamara. It was a really fun stitch. And I admire you for persevering on your Teresa Wentzler dragon. Her stuff is really lovely, but I can honestly say that I really detest working them. I've got her pea**** tapestry (I love that design) and it's been in process since sometime in the late 1980s. The border wasn't so bad - at least it looks like something as you work it. But the d***ed pear trees are noting but drudgery. They are all done in fractional stitches in pale shades of green and yellow and the whole think looks like absolutely nothing until you do all of the backstitching, of which there is a ton. That design pushes all of my "this is the kind of cross stitching I don't like" buttons. Every 5 years or so I'll pull it out and work on it for an afternoon because I simply refuse to class it as a UFO, but if I ever finish the stupid thing it will be a miracle. I've completed a couple of Teresa Wentzler designs but they've all been as gifts, which is the only reason I managed to finish them at all. So I have a lot of admiration for someone who can stick to it and finish one!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Here is my progress from last weekend on my 2 projects. I got a bit done on the map in the ship, sun, and border with that real pale yellow. And the Harry Potter stitch-along I did the top half of the stitches on one side of the yellow square and a bit of the inside of the square. The brown I discovered there is not any more of and I should have a lot more of it so I am going to pull that out and use a different one I have in my stash already from a different project. This was a kit and she was all over the place with the thread amounts. some colours had 3 or 4 skeins of and I might use all of 1 of each of them. And others she gave us a tiny amount that is not enough. I love the Aida that she got specially hand dyed for it. Photos do not do it justice and it is so soft.

And tonight I have to make a decision on what to take with me to the retreat. My Dad is going to be driving up separately as he has a doctor appointment on Friday afternoon. I will be going alone Thursday night after work in my Jeep and would have room to take my map and my big stand along with my good floor lamp. The retreat starts Friday morning and I would like to be there for as much of it as possible. Decisions decisions. It may come to a coin flip later tonight.

before:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2074.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	9186 after:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2081.jpg 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	9187
    before:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2077.jpg 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	9188 after:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2080.jpg 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	9189

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Beautiful progress on both of your projects, Tamara! Ahh what a shame you have to do some frogging, but you will be happier with it in the end. I agree with you - that dyed Aida is lovely. Enjoy your retreat! What a bonus that you can take your Mark II and your lamp.

I didn't get much done on my David, so I'm posting photos from the last SAL to Monday evening. I just couldn't get into stitching at all. The heavy-duty Naproxen I was given for two weeks for inflammation just didn't agree with me and I didn't feel right. I contacted the clinic yesterday and was given permission to stop it, so I feel much better now. But ... now I'm feeling stiffness and more discomfort in my knees. It's probably a good thing though, because I was probably over-doing things and now I'll rest and ice more, as I'm supposed to. I'm learning that I'm not Superwoman!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7040.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	9190 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7046.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	9191
    Wendy

Images
    Don't overdo things, Wendy. When you take your rest now you'll be happy with that choice in the near future. Give it time to heal.
    It's a good thing you stopped those Naproxen. Nasty medicine.
    I think I need another 6 more months to be stitching again. My muscles don't agree with me doing a lot. Bummer.
    David looks great though.

Tamara, you are making beautiful progress.
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Nice progress Wendy! Naproxen can do odd things when it is not the right medication for you. I was given it years ago by my dentist and it was not for me either. Rest and do the approved amount of exercise and you will be back on your feet in no time.

Mirelle I hope you heal up well and get back on the road to stitching soon. That is a long stretch to be out.

Yesterday ended up being a sad day for our house. We had to have out little cat put to sleep. He started being a bit funny on Monday night, like he was stiff and by Tuesday night was pretty bad. His kidneys shut down on him. He was 14 and had a good life, but it was hard. Especially since we just lost another of our cats a few months ago to age. Only one of our guys is left now and is going to get spoiled as he deserves at his age. He turns 15 in the fall and was not ever expected to live very long as he was very developmentally delayed as a kitten. He actually was not expected to live even a few months so he fooled us all.

Terry Pratchett