Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Friday - Monday SAL

Images

April Friday - Monday SAL

Good afternoon! I completely forgot to start an April SAL thread earlier this month, so I'm doing it now - rather late though! I will be continuing on with my Sunflowers, my last SAL in Myrtle Beach and then I can get back to David. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    I'm in with Winter Wings. And don't feel bad about forgetting about the April thread. I just thought to go looking for it, and it's already Sunday morning!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    I certainly planned my stitching well (not)! I finished my Sunflowers last evening and we went out to dinner this evening. Tomorrow we fly home and my next stitching will be on David once again! We had a lovely vacation here in North Carolina, but it will be good to be back home and to sleep in my own bed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7006.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	9166 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7013.JPG 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	9167
    Wendy

Images
    I think I managed 20 stitches over the entire weekend. Got a lot done around the house, but the energy didn't extend to stitching at the end of the day.

Your sunflowers are lovely, Wendy. Now we'll all look forward to watching David grow again!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thank you Debbie! It was a fun and easy stitch, and now it's back to work on David. We just arrived home after a long day of travelling - even flying takes time.
    Last edited by WendyLee; 04-25-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning! I'm back home and ready to re-acquaint myself with David on this week's SAL. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Definitely in for this weekend with Winter Wings. I made some good headway on the days I didn't work this week and I want to keep it rolling over the weekend. I can feel the end getting nearer and nearer and I want this finish!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    Evening guys xx had a busy week baking for the cake sale today at our local Knitting shop in aid of the chemo ward at our local hospital- the money is to go towards a special chair whilst patients are having their chemo it’s a lay back chair so more comfortable than the ordinary chairs they sit in. We have managed to raise over 300 just today and still have some leftover for tuesdays unsuspecting customers lol xx

I will see if I have the concentration for stitching but if not it will be tomorrow evening but I will be stitching at some point xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Chris, what a worthwhile fundraiser! I am certain that those unfortunate patients that have to undergo chemo treatment will greatly appreciate it.

Debbie, can't wait to see your progress!

It was so nice to get acquainted with David once again. It may not be obvious what it is that I'm stitching, so I'll say that it is his leg that I'm working on, and at the top is more folds of the fabric covering his unmentionables!

Name:	IMG_6953.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	9168 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7018.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	9169
    Wendy

Images
    It's really great to see David again, Wendy! Is it fun working on him again?

I apologize for not getting this posted sooner. Between weather and working I couldn't seem to find good light for the pictures. Since it will be a late night again tomorrow and they're predicting thunderstorms for all day tomorrow and Friday, I finally gave up on the light and used my stitching lamp. It's not as good as the natural light, but at least I'll get the progress pictures posted.

First, I have a finish! No, not Winter Wings Owl. I managed to finish Winter Sky, the winter installment of the Quilt Block needlepoint series that I've been using as a traveling project. I think I mentioned that on my way back from Hilton Head, I was working on this and was really excited because I only had the final outer border to do to have it finished. But before I could start that final border, I discovered that I had a major error in the pink section that encircled the center design. I asked Chuck's opinion and when he stells me it doesn't took as good with the error in it, I listened. I usually get, "Whatever you think." When he actually expresses a preference I know it's significant. To fix the error, I had to pull the entire section and re-stitch it. I managed to get it out on the drive home, but it left my hands really sore and I didn't have the hand strength to work on it for about a week. I finally got the error restitched and last Saturday I finished it up on a drive up to Chicago for a shopping trip. So I have finish #1 for 2019. And on the Winter Wings Owl front, I managed to finish leg 6 of my around the world challenge, as well as reaching the bottom of the design. So yes, Wendy, my diagonals are definitely getting shorter now!

So the first two pictures are of Winter Sky. It's hard to get a really good picture of this one and do it justice because there is a fair amount of metallic thread in it and it really shines. All of the purple is a bright shiny metallic and the silver is a flat antique silver metallic. The other two pictures are of Winter Wings Owl. The first is where I was the last time I posted, and the last one is where I finished up on Monday evening.

Name:	_MG_5139.jpg 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	9170 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_5140.jpg 
Size:	981.3 KB 
ID:	9171 Winter Sky Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-16 Day 100 Challenge Finish.jpg 
Size:	500.3 KB 
ID:	9172 Last posted progress on Winter Wings Owl Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5137.jpg 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	9173 Progress as of 4/29/19
    Debbie K. in Illinois