Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: March Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Oohh Debbie, how beautiful! In your previous photos I could hardly tell that he was sitting on a planter, but now it's so obvious I don't know how I missed it. The pedestal has made its appearance, and it seems like there will be lovely detail in it!

Here is David. Another odd looking section for a little while. It's actually his leg, but until the whole leg is stitched it won't look like much!
    Thanks, Wendy. I'm also starting to get into the brambles with the red berries at the bottom of the pedestal. It's nice to work with something other than shades of blue, gray and pale lavenders! I haven't actually counted the number of different shades of gray in this design, but there are a lot of them! Same with the blue gray shades.

Davis is looking wonderful. His hand with the slingshot is amazing. You had commented last week that it looked a bit odd. I didn't really think so, but now that it's finished I'll agree with you that the in-progress shot did look odd. I could see the outline and how it was developing so it didn't look strange to me at the time, but seeing the level of detail on the completed design and looking back at the prior picture, I see what you mean. Have you reached the halfway point on this design? I seem to remember he sits on a relatively large pedestal, or is that my imagination?
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Really good progress from both of you this weekend. I didn’t get much done so no photos to share. One day I will share photos again!

Images
    Thank you Debbie and Lucette!

Yes Debbie, you are right - he is on a large pedestal. I have to finish 700 - 800 stitches on my current page and then about 2/3 of my next page to reach the half-way point.
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning all! Oops, I completely forgot that yesterday was Thursday and didn't announce our SAL for this week. Anyway, I'll be continuing on with David, and hopefully having a page finish. Will anybody be joining in?
    Wendy

Morning Wendy! I will join in this weekend. My back is much better and so I hope to finally have some progress photos. Fingers crossed!

Images
    I'm in with Winter Wings, as well. I will complete the 5th leg of my Around the World HAED Challenge this weekend (only have 122 stitches left to go) to arrive in Aden, the capital of Yemen. From there, I head to Mumbai for the next leg, requiring 3,054 stitches to complete. This is the longest leg in the challenge for a while (the killer will be the 15,006 of leg 19 - NYC to Queenstown, NZ.) I ran the numbers and I will finish this piece about 1/4 of the way into leg 9, which is Calcutta to Singapore. The intervening legs are 1,390 stitches (Mumbai to Allahabad) and 792 (Allahabad to Calcutta.) We leave for Hilton Head in 3 weeks, so it looks like this one will be going with me. I doubt I'll be able to finish the remaining 6,445 stitches before we leave.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Lucette, I'm so glad to hear that you are finally seeing some real progress - you've had a long go of it!

Debbie, how long will you have to complete the NYC to Queenstown leg of your challenge? That's a lot of stitching!
    Wendy

Images
    LDebbie, how long will you have to complete the NYC to Queenstown leg of your challenge? That's a lot of stitching!
    There's no time limit for each leg. The goal is to finish the entire 53.655 stitches of the challenge by 12/31/19 (it started on January 1st). The legs are more like progress points where you are encouraged to post pictures. The format meant that if you started on January 1st and did the entire year, you needed to average 148 stitches completed every day of the year to finish by the end of the year. However, this challenge does not have the rule that you have to stitch every day. I try to, but even when I do, it's not always possible to complete that many stitches. Currently, I need to complete an average of 159/day for the rest of the year to complete the challenge (another stat on my spreadsheet that I carry.) I hope to make some headway on that number when we go to Hilton Head, but a lot of that will depend on how much time I'm actually given to stitch. Bless my mother-in-law's heart, she's just convinced that when we go to Hilton Head it's with the expectation that we'll want to go out and do things all day every day while we're there. She just doesn't the get the concept of going there just to relax and kick back. That's okay. When we really want to just sit, we say so and she agrees. She has a lot of friends there, so if she's not in the mood to do the same, there's a lot she can do.

On the downside, I was updating my spreadsheet this morning in preparation of taking posting pictures and found it out of balance. When I finally tracked down the problem, I discovered that my summing range for the Leg 5 segment was set incorrectly and I'd double-counted about 1500 stitches from Leg 4. So I haven't reached the Leg 5 finish like I thought I had. Oh well, I'll just keep plugging away and will get there eventually!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Whew, that's a lot of stitching, Debbie, and yuck to the mis-counting! Your daily average seems to be rising, and Hilton Head won't help much. Enjoy your time there! Are you visiting your mother-in-law, or taking her there for a visit?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Yuck, that must have been quite a job for the two of you! Please heed your note to yourself the next time!
    Thankfully arms and hands have recovered quite well and yes no more heavy moving for me xx

Ladies night is this Saturday so preparations take precedence this week so hopefully a few days after (when I have recovered) I will be back to my stitching - have had to rearrange where I keep my stitching due to the 17month old Tasmanian Devil aka Aubrey..... she is unstoppable except when she is asleep and even the. I swear she is dreaming up what to do next lol x saying that she is adorable of course and the boys love her to bits and she idolises them
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk