Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: February Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Thank you Debbie and Lucette!

Debbie, you are making great progress on this new diagonal. I can see new branches and new snow, although I'm not enjoying your snow as much as before since our storm on Monday! It's almost spring and this one was the most snow yet. Woohoo, you're almost at 10,000 stitches!!
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    Debbie, you are moving so fast on this one. Very nice!
    You know, I'm amazed at how much faster I stitch with this technique. I think it's because you only work 10 stitches across before moving downward. I find it's much easier to keep track of which colors you are using and I find myself lost and trying to figure out what's on my needle much less often.

That having been said, I made a mess of things on Tuesday evening after I'd posted. I had stopped 50 stitches short of where I'd hoped to reach on Monday evening, so in spite of having worked an 11 hour day on Tuesday, I decided to sit down and try to finish those 50 stitches. Wrong. I was 30 stitches in when I realized that I had mixed up 3 of the 4 shades of gray I was using and the design was nothing but a jumble. I was supposed to be stitching branches and with the shading off, I was getting no design at all. So I pulled out all but 3 of those stitches and left it. When I came back to it yesterday, I had those 27 stitches back in and the 50 finished in less than an hour. Moral of the story is when that little voice in your head tells you that you're too tired to stitch, you need to listen to it!

The other think I like about it is that you're working across sections of the design, which means the various elements appear a lot more quickly than when you work either across or down by page. I think it just makes it more fun.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

I couldn’t agree more about not stitching when tired! I’ve done that and the next time I pick it up I notice the errors and think oh dear now I have to waste how much time to fix it.

I will try this technique to see if I like it. I find that trying to figure out where the symbol is you’re working on and trying to do all that counting is easily half or more of my time when I stitch. Sometimes you put in an hour and feel like you’ve done nothing significant. So this is very interesting to me to see if I will progress faster.

Images
    Oh no Debbie! Thankfully you found it before you had gone too far.
    Wendy

Images
    Good afternoon all! It's SAL time again and I'll be continuing on with David. I'm hoping to get a lot done on him over the next couple of weeks before we go away, as I won't be taking him with me. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Yep, I'm in with Winter Wngs. I counted it last night and when I finish the current diagonal I'm working I only have 6 more remaining to get to the bottom of the design. Once I do that, the remaining 6 and a bit will all get progressively shorter Woo hoo!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Woohoo is right, Debbie!!

I just realized that it is March, and I had the last SAL and this one in February, so I'll start another thread. I'm just not paying enough attention!
    Wendy