Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: February Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Wow, what lovely progress Debbie! You're doing great with this diagonal stitching and it's so interesting seeing the full diagonal completed. You're soooo close to the half-way point! This must mean that the diagonal will now be getting shorter and shorter?

Thanks for the extra info on the challenges - I'll give it some thought and perhaps contact Marcus about it. We will be leaving for Myrtle Beach in three weeks for just over a month, so I'll wait until we get back before trying anything. I may pick your brain some more!
    Wendy

Images
    Good evening all! It's our SAL once again, and I'll be continuing on with my David. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Wow, what lovely progress Debbie! You're doing great with this diagonal stitching and it's so interesting seeing the full diagonal completed. You're soooo close to the half-way point! This must mean that the diagonal will now be getting shorter and shorter?Thanks for the extra info on the challenges - I'll give it some thought and perhaps contact Marcus about it. We will be leaving for Myrtle Beach in three weeks for just over a month, so I'll wait until we get back before trying anything. I may pick your brain some more!
    Not for a while yet. The diagonal on the left side has to reach the bottom of the design before the diagonals begin to shorten. I'm down to row 150 now. The bottom of the design is at 231, so I've got 8 more diagonals to reach the bottom and then they will start shortening. The nice thing is, they won't be any longer than they are now!

As for the challenges, anytime. We'll be leaving for Hilton Head on April 4th and will gone about 10 days, but other than that, I should be around!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Hi Wendy, I may try to stitch for the first time in months. I can’t say if I’ll do much as I am going to my parents for a few days. I will as usual look forward to seeing other people’s progress. Have a good weekend.

Images
    That will be great if you can stitch a bit Lucette! Take it slow so you don't stress your back, and enjoy your time with your parents.
    Wendy

Well I did manage to stitch about 30 stitches or so, it was all my back could do. So I have no photos to show but hopefully next weekend I can manage more. I must say it felt a little weird to stitch again, like I hadn’t stitched in years instead of two months.

Images
    Ahh, I wish you had been able to stitch more, Lucette, and that must have been such a strange feeling. Hopefully each week you will be able to do more and more.

Here is my progress on David. It looks odd, but it is his hand behind his body holding the other end of the slingshot. It will all fall more into place as the rest of his body materializes. The good news is that my counting was perfect and every stitch was where it was supposed to be!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6936.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	9101 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6941.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	9102
    Wendy

Images
    Well, I didn't manage to get the picture in the daylight, but I wanted to get this posted in a timely manner, so here is my progress on Winter Wings Owl. This is where I stopped last night. I'm now 9,480 stitches complete!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-03-04 Closeup #2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	903.4 KB 
ID:	9104
    Last edited by Debbie Kluge; 03-06-2019 at 03:09 AM.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    David is looking spectacular, Wendy. It still amazes me how quickly you're moving on this design. The detail is wonderful. and I don't think it looks odd at all.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Wendy, it looks great and getting the counting right the first time is a wonderful thing!

Debbie, you are moving so fast on this one. Very nice!