Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: February Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Aww, what a bummer, Lucette. I've been down with back pain in the past, so I can sympathize. This must be affecting your whole life.

Happy Valentine's day to you also!
    Wendy

Yes, it does affect everything. My husband and daughter do everything for me. I have hardly any spine mobility which is what the physio is slowly trying to do, make my spine start opening up and move. It’s a slow process cause my two vertebrae colsed due to the nerve irritation. Now the challenge is to get the muscles to calm down to allow my vertebrae to start opening and move again. It has been a very painful five weeks but there is some small improvements so I am going in the right direction now. Any progress is a positive thing to me. I can get my own water and I can walk for about five minutes at a time, this is a big deal as I was not able to walk without causing sharp pain in my back. Anyways not trying to complain to much,sorry, I am trying to stay optimistic and focus on the small victories I make. Thank you for listening!

Images
    Any time, Lucette. I, too, remember what back pain like this was like. I was working on a rowing machine a few years ago and tore a muscle in my lower back. It took forever to heal and I was miserable the whole time. So know that we're all sending good vibes your way until you're health again.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    I'm in with Winter Wings Owl for the weekend. Oh, and Wendy, about your comment on my progress? I'm only a little over 40% complete on this design. The owl is roosting on a tall planter that sits on a carved pedestal in the snow, so I've still got a long way to go. And the end of it should be fun because at the base of the pedestal is a tangle of bushes with red berries that looks to be pure confetti heaven (or hell, as the case may be). What a fun way to end the design.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Thanks for your understanding. Unless you have gone through something similar you don’t understand the pain and lack of mobility. Some people think you’re exaggerating the symptoms and some think it’s been over five weeks so time to move on. Not very sympathetic. Anyways, the physio is hoping that I should get better within two to three weeks(average response time) so that is what I hope will happen. Then chiro time and massage for my poor muscles. I suppose there will be a while of physio for strengthening my shoulders and back.

You’re close to the halfway on you’re Winter Wings. Thats always nice to reach milestones. Look forward to your owl showing up.

Images
    Ahh Debbie, I thought that the line 130 was the bottom of the piece! Still a ways to go, then.
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Ahh Debbie, I thought that the line 130 was the bottom of the piece! Still a ways to go, then.
    Unfortunately, no. It goes down to 231. I just haven't numberd beyond 130 yes because I mounted it to the scroll frame before doing the numbering. When I reach the point where I need to move the scroll, I'll finish the number. As Lucette said, it will be nice to reach the 50% completed mark. A milestone for sure. I've been working the carving on the planter lately and that's very heavy confetti. This is where the diagonal work is nice because the confetti seldom lasts long before I have a break and things move a bit more quickly.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Here's my progress on David's slingshot. It should be finished soon and I'll go back up to his torso.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6920.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	9094 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6925.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	9095
    Wendy

That’s great progress Wendy! Did you say that the slingshot is lots of confetti? I can’t remeber if I read that or not.

I saw a chiro today and she made me feel so much better. I see her in two days and should be doing great(hopefully) within a few days after that. Yay for the chiropractors!

Images
    Thank you Lucette! Yes, the slingshot is mostly confetti and I'll be happy to have it finished - less than 200 stitches left on this page and a bit on the next one, and then his other hand and back to his torso.

I'm happy that the chiropractor has helped you. I see mine once a month in the off-golf season and about every three weeks during golf season. I always say that she is the one keeping me walking, otherwise my back would be too bad for me to stay active. I hope you continue to improve!
    Wendy