Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: February Friday - Monday SAL

Images

February Friday - Monday SAL

Good afternoon all! I知 sitting in the Toronto airport waiting for our flight in two hours, and then a two-hour flight home. It will be good to get back! This will be our first February SAL, and I will be happy to be stitching on David again. I知 not sure how much I値l get done, what with unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping, etc., and my daughter will be home for the weekend, but any amount will be appreciated by me. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

I won’t be stitching again. I will look forward to seeing your progress on David. Have a great weekend!

Images
    I hope your new meds kick in soon, Lucette.
    Wendy

Images
    Here's my progress on David's hand. It's almost done, and then the next page is his slingshot - not much stitching, but I am thinking it will be almost all confetti. The hand has been the most difficult so far because of all the dark colours on the black, and hard to see. I'll soon be back to the lighter colours!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6901.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	9082 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6907.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	9083
    Wendy

You got a lot done on his hand! Looks great! Hope you’re adjusting to winter life again after your holidays. It isn’t minus 50 here anymore so that is great, it only feels like minus 30.

Images
    Thank you Lucette! I went out for breakfast this morning with two friends, and they thanked me for bringing warmer weather home with me. We arrived home in the deep freeze - most flights out of Toronto were either delayed or cancelled because of the cold, but ours was on time. Funnily enough, we're above freezing yesterday and today but that is going to end by tomorrow. Hope your cold snap ends soon, and hope you're feeling better!
    Wendy

That was nice of you to bring warmer weather. Our weather won’t warm up any time soon but that is life in Manitoba. I am a tad better but it still hurts so I am now going to see a physical therapist on Friday and then may go to a chiropractor. If that doesn’t do it I don’t know what else to try. So fingers crossed for physio.

Images
    Good luck! I love my chiropractor. I go once a month to stay tuned up, and I know that I'd be in difficulties if I didn't.
    Wendy

Images
    Hi, everyone. Sorry for my long absence. Life kinda went crazy in December and January. Hopefully, things will start to settle down now that we are into February.

I did manage to get Dragon Kin started at my Stitcher's Retreat weekend before last, as well as working on Winter Wings Owl. I'm about 550 stitches in on Dragon Kin, but have rotated back to Winter Wings Owl since it's a challenge piece. I have a goal to complete the piece this year so my focus has been directed on getting it done. I'm hoping to finish it by early summer. From there I may move to either Night Cafe or Magical Arrival Storykeep. There is a possibility that I would be able to finish Magical Arrival this year if I return to it. It will depend on how I feel about working on 32 count 1 x 1 when the time comes. I may also move away from challenge pieces for a bit and make it a point to finish Autumn Garden Labyrinth. I'm trying to focus on finishes this year and that one is so close. I also tried a new technique when I started Dragon Kin and liked it so well, I'm starting to move all of my other pieces to it. It's diagonal parking. Robert used to use this technique and I liked the look of it. It's common on the Heaven and Earth Designs list and they were able to direct me to several good instructional videos. I've found it to be very easy to do and it keeps my stitches a lot neater. Plus I don't have as many hanging threads which I find easier to manage. I'm always game to try something new and this one really worked for me.

At any rate, I plan to be in on this coming weekend's SAL with Winter Wings Owl as long as this SAL is still open to non-GK pieces.

Attachment 9084Dragon Kin, progress as of 1/27/19 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon Kin Image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	9085 Picture of the full design
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Welcome back Debbie - you've been missed! Oohh, this one is a beauty. I love the detail in it. I'll be very interested to watch your new technique, and yes, the SAL's are still open to non-GK Charts.
    Wendy