Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: January Friday - Monday SAL

Wow 180 days! I’m not sure that I would like to be on a ship that long. However, on the plus side they must have quite an adventure! Enjoy and don’t think about the cold and snow.

Images
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you girls x yes itís fabulous to finish a page and even better to finish a row

Lucette fabulous progress xx

Wendy I hope you are having a fabulous time xx

We are having unseasonably mild weather at the moment so we are waiting for winter to hit us with a vengeance.... hopefully not x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Tamara, I guess today's the day! Best of luck....
    Debby

Blog Entries
    Images
    Scrap above post we had snow for half an hour earlier today - Aubrey was fascinated watching through the window thankfully it has stopped and it’s all gone now xx

I will be I. For Saturday Sunday and Monday hopefully this week - having a girls night gin tasting here at mine tonight xxx

Images
    Oohh, enjoy the tasting, Chris!

Great memory, Debby! All the best to you today, Tamara!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Good morning all x I survived the gin tasting we had a fabulous night tasting 8 different gins with tonic of course otherwise I wouldn’t be awake yet lol x great company great nibbly food provided by everyone and lots of chatter made for a fabulous evening x

On the other hand pete had a fabulous burns night but I don’t think he remembers much about it today as he was roaring drunk when he came in - how do they find their way home when they are in that state..... but he always does but in his defence it’s years since he has been like that and as he is worshipful master until April he said people were just putting whiskeys in his hand..... needless to say he has a bit of a hangover today

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Thank you Lucette! It looks like there will be a storm at home on the weekend, and Iím not missing the cold weather at all! The sea is rather rough right now and my stomach doesnít like it. It may be because this ship is smaller than the others Iíve been on. Almost half of the passengers are on a 180 day cruise around the world, and many of those have done it before. Thatís way beyond the scope of my imagination!

Donít think I could do more than 17 days which is the most we have done and as for smaller ships affecting you I agree as the last one we went on was a lot smaller than we had been on before and i had a bad effect and needed a vaccination in my bottom....... but it did the trick for the two weeks we were on there and meant I could still enjoy it.

Images
    I didn’t realize one could get a shot for seasickness. I’ve been taking Gravol tablets when necessary but a shot might work better. Did you get it in the medical clinic on board the ship? We sailed through the Panama Canal yesterday and fingers crossed, the ocean on this side seems much smoother!

I’m glad everyone enjoyed the gin tasting. The men all do seem to go overboard with celebrations, don’t they??

I did Wendy but I know that our gp’s here in the uk can provide it too so maybe before our next one I will arrange it x. Thankfully holiday insurance covered it xx

Isn’t the Panama Canal amazing I loved going through there xx and the waters on the other side were calm and gorgeous when we were there which was a November sailing xx
    Last edited by merrick10uk; 01-22-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    Wendy

Well I know the stitching still includes today but I can update my progress now. That progress is zero stitches. I have had a back spasm for two weeks now and it hurt so much that I haven’t stitched for a week. Shouldn’t have stitched last week, prabably why it hurt so much this week. I feel a little better now so I hope the spasm is letting go now. Fingers crossed!

I hope that everyone else has had a better stitching weekend. Have a great day everyone!