Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: January Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Wow, what beautiful progress you have made, Debbie - it's so close to being finished and you've only been working on it a bit more than two months (holidays included)! I love the look of the fluffy snow on the branches, and I enjoy watching your diagonals develop. Glad to have you back!
    Wendy

Debbie, you have accomplished a lot in such a short time. This is a lovely pattern. Do you find that working over so many pages gets confusing? I guess I’m thinking of really big pieces, it would require working on so many pages to get it diagonally. I do like how it looks though!

Images
    Well, I feel silly. Why I didn't post this in the February thread is beyond me!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    Do you find that working over so many pages gets confusing? I guess I’m thinking of really big pieces, it would require working on so many pages to get it diagonally. I do like how it looks though!
    Actually, I don't. Once you cross over a page and set the diagonal, all of the others just follow suit. Since you're always working against stuff you've already stitched, it makes crossing the pages fairly easy. I do track the grid numbers carefully, but if you grid a fair amount of pages at the start (or the full design) and you're careful with the grid lines when you set them up, it's incredibly easy to move from page to page. When I make a page transition, I use the shaded rows and the grid numbers. I work the first two rows of the cross over shading, and then I move to the next page, match up the grid numbers and find the cross over rows, and then work the last row of the cross over shading. That transitions direclty into the new page and from there it's easy to follow the diagonals. You may have a fair number of pages in work at the same time, but it's easy to follow. What I particularly like about it is that when you work across the top, you tend to be working the same elements for a long period of time (think sky in a landscape). But when you work on the diagonal, you tend to get more diversity in the design showing up more quickly.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Yes, it does sound easy to do and I do really like the look of it. I may have to try this once I can stitch again. Thanks for explaining how you do this.