Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extended Year End SAL - Please join in - everyone is welcome!!

Images
    Thank you Lucette!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Good morning and a very happy new year from here in the UK, well the festivities are now over and today we will be taking down our decorations and I can have my space back I love Christmas and all the pretty twinkly decorations but two weeks is long enough to not be able to clean and tidy properly even though it means resting more but when I get my space back I will be bringing my boys back out and I intend to get back to my stitching, they have been left in the corner long enough now the only problem I have is my stand - Aubrey seems to thinks it is a toy..... she is definitely nothing like the boys - she touches everything they didn’t touch anything... I suppose we were lulled into a false sense of security with the boys lol but I have to say she is so adorable and grandad is too much of a pushover.... anyway I am getting my boys out and that’s that but I may resort to a hoop for a while but we will try the stand first and see how we go I may move furniture so she can’t get at it oh the joys of being a grandma

Well that must be the longest post I have made this year but I hope I can be back more now
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    It will be great to have you back again, Chris! The twins had each other and Aubrey is alone, so she has to find something interesting to get into. Do you have her every day? I'm sure she's so fun to have around!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    As much as I adore my grandchildren having them every day would send me into a ‘home’ lol they are much to energetic for me lol, we have Aubrey one day and pick the boys up from school one day too - thankfully different days

Decorations all down and in the loft will sort my stitching out later and hopefully get started ASAP xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

It’s so nice to hear you will be stitching on your boys again! I look forward to seeing your progress on it. It’s so nice that you are back!

Lucette that was lovely progress you made! This is coming along so nicely.

Wendy congratulations on the row finish! David is gorgeous.

Chris it will be nice to see the boys again.

And here is my progress. I also had a row finish so here is the whole thing out. It snowed and then rained on the snow and then snowed more a lot here so I just stayed home with my cross stitch. Next I am going to go do the page beside my books for something different.

before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1931[1].jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	9050 after: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AFOB2006[1].jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	9051 And the row: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSVF9954[1].jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	756.4 KB 
ID:	9052
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Thanks for the picture of the whole row! This is so lovely! I really look forward to watching this one grow!

Images
    Oohh Tamara, this is gorgeous, and thank you so much for the photo of the whole row! Those purples that have appeared are lovely - they match the purple streak in my hair. I can't even find the words I want to say, it's too beautiful for words! And ... I had forgotten that there are books on the other side!

Thank you for your comments on David.
    Wendy

Thank you all! Wendy I do admit those purples were a nice change of pace when they appeared.

It is quite the thing and has been almost 2 years since I started it. It is a full 12 pages wide and it changes quite a bit across the design. This row has more walls and windows and rafters. It is quite exciting as there is a bit more of the small details coming in on this row. There are hanging amulets, another lantern, a couple of notices, and a duck hiding in the rafters to be found on this row. It is a little more exciting than the last one.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    I can see the amulets, the notices and the other lantern when I look at the original, but I can't get it enlarged enough to see the duck. Sounds like it is going to be fun!
    Wendy