Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extended Year End SAL - Please join in - everyone is welcome!!

Images

Extended Year End SAL - Please join in - everyone is welcome!!

Good morning everyone! 2018 is rapidly coming to a close and the holiday season is upon us. We will be celebrating this year-end with an extra-long SAL (Stitch Along) for both GK and non-GK projects, beginning tomorrow, December 14 and running until Monday, December 31, giving us an 18-day SAL. If any of you out there have been lurking and wondering whether or not to join in - this is a great time to start! For those who haven't taken part in our SAL's before, take a 'before' photo of your work and an 'after' photo when you finish on December 31, and post them here so that we can all admire your progress. We would love to see more people participate, so come join in the fun! If you don't speak English, don't worry about it - we want to see your stitching. If you have any questions, please ask.

I will be continuing on with David. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

I will join Wendy. The is a nice stretch to get some progress on a project done! Well look forward to seeing everyone’s results.

I won’t get as much done next week as I will be having my ten month old granddaughter over for a visit. Her parents are moving in a week and need to pack so we offered to watch her. They also have a three year old boy, my oh so sweet grandson, but they will keep him this time! They have him in a new daycare and she can’t go till January so they wanted him to get used to the new daycare and I get the little one. So a busy week for them. I will miss not having both of them but also look forward to snuggle time with the little one.

I hope everyone has wonderful holidays!

I thought I had already joined in, but I guess I missed posting. I am in and working away on Magic Potions already and will likely get a bit done on my Harry Potter Stitch-along as well. Not sure how much longer I am working this week as we have slowed right down and just cleaning a few things up and then off until Jan 2 or 3. We have not decided yet. Today is an SOP for our aerial photo crew if I can't be out there and then fixing our plotter (printer that prints on a 3 foot wide piece of paper we use for wall maps). There is a major new project for work starting up in the new year using some really good imagery for one of the mills that I am excited for. And maybe doing some computer updates tomorrow. I do have to study over the break for my first stage Registered Professional Forester exam I will be taking early in the New Year as well.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Lucette, enjoy your time with your little granddaughter - that time is so precious!

Tamara, that first exam time has come quickly - happy studying!

My good news is that I've finished my fourth row of David! I've got it all rolled up and ready to continue on his hand, although there won't be much stitching taking place in the next few days. I'm posting an update photo on my WIP page.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all xx I am still lurking around here now and then, you can’t get rid of me that easy lol x we have both had a bout of sickness yet again... this bug has laid me flat for two days thankfully it feels like it is almost over but I have missed out on two evenings out one last night and one tonight which I am quite gutted about but I do not want to pass this nasty bug on to anyone especially at this time of the year xx

I hope everyone is healthy and I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year and hope to return to my stitching soon xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Oh Chris, I'm sorry to hear that you were both ill. At least if you had to have that bug, it's much better now than on Christmas day. I hope you are both back to normal soon - well, physically anyway!

Please put stitching on the top of your list of New Year's resolutions - please, please!!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello there! I've been out and about, busy with this year end stuff, so I missed this extended SAL post! But this is a busy time, so I would not be very productive-I filled in some stitch time of my own at certain times of the evening, and not a lot on some days. I wish everyone a very happy holiday season-all the best to you and your families. Have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! I will be joining you next year!
    Nirmal

I can’t believe that the holidays and the SAL have both come to an end. It went by so fast for me. I hope everyone had wonderful holidays. I had a wonderful time taking care of my granddaughter, what a precious little girl she is. My Christmas was busy, lots of travelling to get to the gatherings, glad that it is over and back to a regular routine.

So I decided to work on Mountain Landscape with a Castle. I will also continue with it for a little longer as I want to make some progress on it. Here are my before and after photos. It looks like it put my after first and then my before? Weird!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 132C2754-5B54-4CB7-A72E-62BA4D6672C4.jpeg   96036224-750B-4270-995D-BC69068A8FBA.jpeg  

Images
    I'm with you, Lucette. It's a long, slow buildup and then - poof - it's over! It must be so special for you spending this magical time of year with your grandchildren, and seeing it through their eyes. I'll be glad to be back to a normal routine tomorrow.

Oohh, I had forgotten how beautiful your Landscape is! I love seeing the up-close view of the area you are stitching, so we can appreciate the detail that isn't readily obvious on the full photo, and the tree trunks are growing beautifully.

Here is my David, and I'm posting four photos. The first two are my progress on the right side, and the row finish. The second two are where I moved to the left on the next row, and his hand.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6724.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	9045 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6727.JPG 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	9046 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6731.JPG 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	9047 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6734.JPG 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	9048

I may get myself into trouble, but I plan to take the top of the piece off the scroll rod to take a full photo for my year's progress. I'm assuming that if I stitch it back on in the same place things will be ok. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea, please, please let me know!
    Wendy

It was wonderful being with them! I know the close up is so much better sometimes then the whole picture.

Wendy, you got a lot done over the holidays, looks great!