Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: November Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning all! Another SAL is upon us. We’re in the midst of another big snowstorm/windstorm here - I can’t believe it! There have been so many years that we haven’t even had snow at Christmas. And to top it all off, our power just went out again - yuck. At least in the last outage we could go out and do things, have breakfast and a cup of tea. Now we’re snowed-in with nothing to do but read as the house gets colder. I can’t even stitch - boo hoo! There’s a battery in our modem that will last for a few hours, and then our internet will be gone too.

Anyway, if we have power by Friday, I’ll be stitching on David. Will anyone be joining in?
    Last edited by WendyLee; 11-29-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Wendy

I will join with Cafe Terrace at Night. Oh dear, you are having lots of storms! It wouldn’t be so bad if you’re power would stay on. Have a wonderful weekend! (once you get your power back of course)

Images
    Yaay, our power is back on! It was only seven hours this time, much better than three days.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    I will be joining in with my Japanese Garden. Oh, Wendy, I'm so sorry about you weather conditions! The two main things (to me) is you got your cup of tea and are still able to stitch! Hopefully, things get better very soon. Fingers crossed.

Lucette, my goodness, you've done another whole patch of sky! It's really growing beautifully. I can't wait to see the rest of it.

Wendy, wow, David is growing so quickly! I see how you have enjoyed your single colour stitching. I just love thee subtle shades on him-what a beautiful piece this is!

Here is my before and after pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAL-before.JPG   SAL-after.JPG  
    Nirmal

I will try to join in as well. I got some done last weekend, but the only time I remember I need my after photos is while I am at work.

Lucette that was wonderful progress. That sky is lovely.

Wendy David is just moving along. You could almost use him as a base for a fancy lap quilt. Hope your power stays on so you don't get too cold. We are still rainy and above zero most days. For us not to be frozen already is so strange.

Nirmal yours is lovely. You really did a good bit of it.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Well, I'm a bit late again this week (just in time for the announcement of this weekend's SAL!) I wanted a good picture for posting, but I worked the Tuesday and Wednesday this week and with the time change I get home in the dark now. So I needed to wait until I had daylight. But I did manage not only to get a good picture, but also update my stats sheet for this project. So here's Night Cafe as of the end of Monday evening. The project now stands at 31,227 stitches of the 203,850 completed, putting me at 15.32% complete and 85 of the 88 colors in use. I have 5 full pages complete, but that really doesn't say much since I'm kind of bouncing around a bit. The first picture was where I ended the prior week's SAL and the second is my current progress.

As for everyone's progress, we're all just chugging away! Lucette, that sky is simply gorgeous. It just gets better and better. And Nirmal, yours makes me want to go sit in that gazebo! I laughed at your comment about the size of David, Wendy. I'm in the same boat. I have very few walls where I can hang really large works and that's all I seem to be working on anymore. Night Cafe has a home that I've already picked out, but if I manage to finish Gypsy Firefly and Dragon Kin in my lifetime I have no clue where I can hang them. I can't tell you how much I miss my house in Phoenix with its cathedral ceilings and large walls. The ironic thing about it is that when we bought the house, I possessed nothing that I had made. It had all been given away - most of it to my mother so I eventually got it back, but that didn't help to decorate the new house at the time. So here I have the large 4-bedroom house that cries out for things to hang on the walls and I had nothing to put on them and now I have lots of things to hang and live in a house with low ceilings and small, broken-up pieces of walls. I just can't win. Oh well, I guess that rotation is going to the key word, not only for working them but also for displaying them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4929.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	9009 As of 11/19/18 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4937.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	9010 As of 11/27/18
    Last edited by Debbie Kluge; 11-30-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Oh, and I am in for this weekend with Night Cafe.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Thank you for your kind words!

Images
    Nirmal, Tamara and Debbie, thank you so much!

Nirmal, you made great progress on the greenery below your gazebo, which makes it stand out even better. Lovely!

Debbie, you got your black hole filled in beautifully with those lovely, vibrant reds! It's hard to believe that you've reached the 15% mark already. You seem to keep very detailed statistics!
    Wendy