Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: November Friday - Monday SAL

I forgot to say Debbie that I really like the Christmas piece you started working on! Sounds like a very hectic weekend for you! Enjoy your family suppers! Happy Thanksgiving!

Images
    What a busy schedule for you, Debbie! Hah, I'd gladly give up my hibernation weekend to have some of your warm weather.
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    What a busy schedule for you, Debbie! Hah, I'd gladly give up my hibernation weekend to have some of your warm weather.
    The warm weather is not supposed to hold for long. They're calling for highs in the lower 20s during the day by Monday and single digits overnight and the last I knew snow, but that was several days ago. The forecast could have changed by this time. That's why it's essential we get the outdoor work done today and tomorrow. I really don't the deck furniture sitting out all winter long and to get it into the shed requires some re-organization.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Hello everyone! I hope you have all had a great weekend! Here is my before and after.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10C8CAC3-A59D-4336-8B79-2D8163AA783E.jpeg   D7378ACD-5903-46A5-B40D-C114DF80323C.jpeg  

Images
    You have made beautiful progress, Lucette! It looks like you'll soon be stitching the buildings on the other side of the street. These blues give such a feeling of peace and calm.

Here's my David. I can't believe how quickly this page is going. A month ago I was thinking that I would never get this row finished by the end of the year, but with all the big runs of the same colour, it shouldn't be a problem - I'll be well on my way with the next row!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6696.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	9005 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6698.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	9006
    Wendy

Wendy lovely progress! That’s great that you should finish a row by the end of the year! How many more rows do you have left once you finish this one?

Images
    Thank you so much, Lucette! Hah, this will only be row four out of ten rows! But ... the next row will have the rest of his hand and part of his sling, and on the other side his thigh. Sounds easy-peasy and not much stitching, but the whole perimeter is confetti so that will make up for the lack of full coverage on these areas.
    Wendy

Wow, that is going to be long! That is so true about confetti, it can make a page take so much longer.

Images
    Yup, he will be 32.7 inches long and 22.2 inches wide. Adding a margin of three inches around the whole piece, this is the largest piece of fabric I've ever stitched on. I don't have a clue where I can hang him when he's finished - but I do love him and am enjoying the stitching immensely!
    Wendy

Nice! Well, it is all about the joy of stitching, no matter the size. Maybe once it’s done you’ll find the perfect place for him and he’ll look magnificent!