Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: November Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Good morning everyone! Our SAL is here again. I'll probably be storm-stayed tomorrow so should get lots of stitching in on David. I think I'll have a page finish tonight or tomorrow, and then there's one full page and one partial page to the end of the row. I don't think I'll be able to finish the row by the end of the year, but I'll certainly try!

Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

I will join you again. Try to get a bit more done and fill in a few more holes.

Thank you all for the encouraging words!

This pattern is 12 pages wide by about 6.5 high so basically a monster. I still have a long way to go on it. I may finish this row and then work on something smaller to refresh me a bit before continuing.

The plan right now is for me to be home for a while with maybe some scattered, short trips out of town. Nothing like the solid 1.5 months I just spent travelling around the Mackenzie Natural Resource District. Basically if you look at a map of BC and find Mackenzie, BC I almost circled the adjacent Williston Lake. The only bit I did not do was the east side of the lake south of the Peace Arm (the bit that goes through the Rockies to Hudson's Hope). I had to drive 500km on bush roads to get to the one camp north of the Peace Arm. You have to drive all the way up the west side of the lake and come back down to get there. We were flying in a helicopter to look for spruce beetle attack trees. It is interesting work, but all that flying is hard on you and I am glad I am done.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Wendy, I will join with Cafe Terrace at Night. I also will finish a page. Always exciting when that happens!

Tamara, what an interesting job you have. Sounds like a lot of fun, I do agree though that after a while being home is nice. That is a big pattern, I have a few of those as well.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you, everyone, for your kind words.

Wendy, I will take part in this SAL. I'm on holidays now, so I can accomplish more!

Lucette, you may not have finished your page, but you certainly got a lot done! It looks lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this piece.

Wendy, you must be such a fast stitcher! David has progressed so much since I saw him last-he's beautiful! He seems to flow through the material-what a lovely blend of colour.

Debbie, what gorgeous colours! I can't wait to see more of this.

Tamara, what beautiful blues. You've done quite a bit. As for your sideway photo problem, I used to have the same issue. Are you taking the pictures with a smart phone? Might I suggest holding the phone sideways when you take the picture. It sounds silly, but that's how it worked for me. Now watch-my next images will be sideways, and the problem was something else!!! But try it-it just might work!
    Nirmal

Images
    I'm in for the weekend, and am still at least partially working on Night Cafe. I have a goal I want to hit before I sent it aside. Although, you know, I keep saying this and then when I hit that goal I decide I want to do a bit more and then a bit more again. At the rate I'm going, I'm not sure when I'll set this one aside for a different project. This design really has it's hooks in me!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    Good morning all. Here are my before and after pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAL-before.JPG   SAL-after.JPG  
    Nirmal

Images
    Ohh Nirmal, you've certainly made good use of your vacation time! All that new greenery emphasizes the pagoda to perfection. I hadn't noticed it before, but I really like those bits of blue sky peeking through the trees.

Tamara, I can't imagine travelling that much for work in those conditions. It does sound interesting, though. What do you do in areas where you find spruce beetle attacks - spray? It would be difficult to do anything else so deep in the wilderness, but one wouldn't want the whole forest destroyed eventually.

I'll post my photos this afternoon.
    Wendy

Normal great progress on the greenery. Is this going to be a very large piece?

Here is my before and after. More blue sky and a large star. There were so many colour changes for this star but it was worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6EDBCEFD-2B87-4250-8008-07D62EF407F7.jpeg   54F1EDDF-B8C6-43FA-B5E1-6AC7313A0F3C.jpeg  

Images
    Lovely progress, Lucette, and that star is beautiful! It's so hard with all the colour changes, especially in a small area, but the results are well worth it. I'm really enjoying your updates and think I'm about ready to buy the chart, although it will be quite a while before I can start it. What fabric are you stitching it on?

After all the confetti everyone's been stitching, I'm almost embarrassed to say that on my new page there are numerous long runs of the same colour! Ahh, I'll enjoy it while it lasts because the next page is the end of the row, which is almost total confetti. Here's my David.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6686 (1).JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	8992 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6691.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	8993
    Last edited by WendyLee; 11-20-2018 at 10:09 PM.
    Wendy

Nice progress Wendy. Yes, enjoy the non-confetti time!

I am stitching on 18 count Aida. I like the stiffness of Aida and 18ct is perfect for my eyes. Anything smaller and my poor eyes just couldn’t last.