Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: November Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Nirmal, I'm glad your move went so well that you are stitching already! You're a better woman than I am.

Tamara, welcome back home - you (and your Magic Potion) have been missed!! I'll love watching it grow once again.

Debbie, I looked up blackwork and like Lucette, I had no idea what it was originally used for. Your course sounds fascinating, and it will be very interesting to see your progress and your thoughts on the process.

Yes Lucette, the first snow of the season is always pretty, but we get so much of it that it seems never-ending. We get storms that come up the Eastern Seaboard and others that come in from the Great Lakes. Sometimes we get a double-whammy - one of each. I'm ready for spring already!
    Wendy

Images
    Welcome back Tamara and Nirmal. You've been missed.

Thanks, Lucette. I think this will be fun and I always like learning something new. I'll share progress pictures as I go along.

And as usual, Wendy, your progress on David from last week was terrific, particularly in light of your power outage. I'm assuming you have the power back now?
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome back Tamara!

Well, here is my before and after:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAL-before.JPG   SAL-after.JPG  
    Nirmal

Nirmal, looks like you made good progress. I really like all the colours in this. Very pretty!

Here is my before and after. I didn’t finish my page as planned, but I’ll finish it next time! Back to my Mountain Landscape for a few days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4C37170E-7279-4D59-B621-0796D2370822.jpeg   1DCDEF43-9D6E-4584-BF01-A85F3DA611BE.jpeg  

Images
    You've made lovely progress, Nirmal! I love how the pillars are developing, as well as the reflection in the water. You're doing well to be stitching so soon after your move!

Lucette, your sky and stars are growing beautifully! I was comparing your work to the original chart, and it looks like you are past the half-way point on your first row - am I correct? Also, are you enjoying your Van Gogh book?

Here is my progress on David. If I hadn't lost power a week ago, this page would have been finished. I hope I'll be starting the next one by the weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6679.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	8978 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6680.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	8979
    Wendy

Wendy, you have done a lot this weekend! Great progress!

Yes I am past the halfway point. There are seven pages across but the last page is not a full one. I will be starting page five on Friday as I have very little left on page four.

I am enjoying Van Gogh’s biography very much. Sometimes fiction can be hard to get through but this writer is not like that at all! Really well done. I am more then half way through and I have to say what a difficult life he made for himself. Really sad!

Images
    This is really lovely, Nirmal. I love the colors. And Wendy, youre making really good progress!

I didn't get nearly as far as I had hoped this weekend. But that's okay. I made someheadway and that's all that counts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4913.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	8980 This is where I started on Friday Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4928.jpg 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	8981 And this is where I finished up the weekend
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Nirmal that looks good! I love the colours in this. A lot different than what I am doing now on mine.

Lucette That was a nice sized chunk to get done. This is coming along nicely!

Wendy your David has sure moved along since I last saw him. It looks wonderful!

Debbie all progress is progress. It looks like you got some done.

My progress as it stands. Of course the photos are insisting on coming in sideways. I did a couple of colours that are scattered here there and everywhere and due to lighting it looks like I have the photos backwards, but I really do not there are just more shadows in the before one. This is the last 2 pages on the top row, right hand side of Magic Potion.
    Before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1899[1].jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	8983 After: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1902[1].jpg 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	8984
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

You can still see your progress Debbie. This looks like it would be fun to stitch with all those bright colours!

Tamara welcome back! You’re almost done a row, that is great! How many more rows does this pattern have?
    Last edited by Lucette; 11-15-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Images
    Thank you very much, ladies! Lucette, I'm glad you're enjoying your book, and I agree - such a sad life.

Debbie, it's a treat seeing your Night Cafe this week because I didn't think you'd be stitching on it! I can see progress in more than one area, and any progress is good. It looks like you had a good mixture of dark and vibrant colours to work with.

Tamara, I'm so glad you're back, and seeing your stitching is an added bonus! I can see how all those empty spots are filling in and before you know it, we'll be seeing a photo of the full row - exciting! Will you be back home for a few months?
    Wendy