Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: October Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    That's great, Lucette! I hope you didn't think that I don't care for your Mountain Landscape - it's spectacular! It's just that your Cafe Terrace holds such a special place in my heart.

I see that I made a boo-boo with the SAL announcement, and forgot that it's now November. I'll start a new thread.
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Debbie, thank you for the full-width photo! This and your grid photo put it all into much more perspective. Oops, no stitching for you on Tuesday! Your 100 days of stitching must have finished already or you would have done at least one stitch. It is gorgeous! I'm like you in the feathering bit - I don't want any page lines showing, and I also move around so that I'm not stitching only confetti.
    <laughs> Yes, the 100 Day Challenge ended on October 9th. I'm in the midst of another one, but this one is only 21 days and you get to set your own goals. So my goals were to (1) complete 3,000 stitches during those 21 days, (2) stitch at least 5 days out of 7 each week, and (3) post progress pictures weekly. So far I'm on track. I actually managed to completed 1,498 stitches in the first week, so I'm ahead of schedule on meeting my stitches goal and I've only missed stitching 2 days out of the 11 days of the challenge so far.

I think the confetti is what stalled me on Yosemite Valley. At least in the top section of that design there are no blocks of color at all. It's all confetti. And relatively complex, blended shading as well. I've still got two more full pages of sky to reach the width of the piece and then there are partial pages in the middle before I get fully out of the sky and into the valley itself. I'll get back to it eventually - in fact, I probably need to just make it a point to put in back into rotation sometime shortly after the first of the year. Maybe if I set the goal of completing the sky in the next stitching session, I can get it finished. Goal setting seems to be working well for me right now and I'd really like to finish that one.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Wendy, I never thought that from you at all. I was thinking that myself. Besides it makes me work on both and this way I won’t put it away for months at a time.

I didn’t even notice that it was November either!

Images
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all I am still around just very busy with family and now Christmas is nearly upon us - I had much more time when I worked full time...

I hope everyone is well and I am hoping the new year brings my stitching bug back xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Great to hear from you again Chris! I really miss you and hope that the stitching bug finds you soon.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello Chris, it's so good to see you here again! You have been missed!!! xxx
    Nirmal