Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: October Friday - Monday SAL

Images

October Friday - Monday SAL

Good morning everyone!

This week is our SAL for both GK and non-GK charts. I'll be continuing on with David's arm to the end of the page, and then moving over to his torso. I'll miss one day stitching due to our Canadian Thanksgiving. Will anybody be joining in?
    Wendy

I will join you Wendy. I will join in with Cafe Terrace at Night. Have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Blog Entries
    Images
    I will join in with my Japanese Garden. I didn’t get a chance to take any pictures last time, but this time, I’ll be ready! And I’m on holidays from the 6th till the 15th-so I should be able to get a lot done!
    Nirmal

Morning! I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving weekend. I had a good stitching weekend, so I was able to make good progress. Here are my before and after photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D5ECE671-330B-4C41-BE17-2554CE39581F.jpeg   CD7A24CF-50F2-4B78-B58D-355A666F4C2E.jpeg  
    Last edited by Lucette; 10-09-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Images
    Oohh Lucette, what beautiful progress you have made on this painting that I love so much! I am going to follow your progress with great interest. Peter and I visited Arles in France and actually sat at one of the tables outside. I love what you have stitched so far.

Here is my progress on David. It doesn't look like much, but there was loads of confetti along the perimeter of his arm and hand. I've reached the end of the page and will move over to his abdomen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6628.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	8936 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6630.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	8937
    Wendy

Thanks Wendy! I also love this painting. How fun that you got to sit there! Would be so lovely to sit there and know that this is where he did his painting! A part of history. Love it!

You can still see progress on his arm. Always takes sooo long to get progress with confetti, but so worth it.

Images
    Thank you Lucette!

I have seriously considered stitching Cafe Terrace at Night. I have a copy of it printed on canvas that hung on my kitchen wall for years, just on a stretcher frame but not actually framed. The stretcher frame has warped over time, so I can either have it re-done or stitch it myself. I miss seeing it in its proper place.
    Wendy

I would also miss it if it wasn’t there any longer. I would say stitch it, this is one of the more fun patterns I have ever done. I also have Van Gogh’s Starry night. I look forward to working on this one as well.

Images
    I'm glad to hear that it's a fun stitch, Lucette! You are helping to make my decision easier. I'd also like to have Marcus chart Van Gogh's Starry Night over the Rhone, except I worry that it may be too dark to enjoy stitching it.
    Wendy

I went and googled that painting as I have never heard of it. I only know the starry night. You’re right it is very dark, however it is beautiful. Thank you for mentioning this painting. I love it! But I can see you’re concern about stitching something that ie this dark. Maybe if you have a second work that is lighter so you can rotate? I find that works for me to always have two that I am working on.