Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Thank you Nirmal!

You've made a great start on your next section. It looks like you are changing colours enough so that you don't have a chance to get bored with any of them! Just so that I can orient myself, are these still posting sideways?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Thank you Nirmal!

You've made a great start on your next section. It looks like you are changing colours enough so that you don't have a chance to get bored with any of them! Just so that I can orient myself, are these still posting sideways?
    No, Wendy, they are the right side up! Finally! But looking at them, I realize I've been taking the picture too close-so it's a bit hard to see-also, as beautiful as this pattern is, it doesn't have the quality of a GK-my fault!!! Once I get caught up with my stitching, I will have to get another GK!!!
    Nirmal

Images
    I can understand that, Nirmal. When I first started taking pictures of David they were too close, even as he grew. I'm standing back now and he's looking much better.

I forget what the reason was that you stopped stitching your Accolade. Did you lose your chart? Don't forget that Marcus can probably help you out with that. He will know that you bought the chart already when he sees your progress photos. He helped me out once when I was travelling and forgot my 'colours and symbols' page. You had so much done on that one - what a shame to leave it.
    Wendy

Images
    I'm late again! Here is my progress on David - all on his arm. It doesn't look like I got much done, but there's loads of confetti slowing me down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6599.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	8924 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6606.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	8925
    Wendy

Images
    Good evening all! I'm not sure if our SAL's are falling by the wayside, but we'll keep trying for a bit. This weekend's SAL is for both GK and non-GK charts, and I'll be continuing on with David's arm. Will anyone be joining me?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    I forget what the reason was that you stopped stitching your Accolade. Did you lose your chart? Don't forget that Marcus can probably help you out with that. He will know that you bought the chart already when he sees your progress photos. He helped me out once when I was travelling and forgot my 'colours and symbols' page. You had so much done on that one - what a shame to leave it.
    Well, Wendy, my Accolade is my tragedy: I lost the chart, but since then, I've lost my work as well-I got careless with it once I realized I lost the pattern. So I will not ask Marcus for that one-as much as I love the pattern-unless there is a smaller version!

Your David certainly is growing! I can see your progress-this is quite a challenging piece, and it's coming along wonderfully.

I will take part in this SAL with my Garden.
    Nirmal

Images
    Aww, that's too bad Nirmal. You had so much time invested in it - tragedy is a correct description.

Thank you for your lovely comment on David. I'm glad you'll be in the SAL!
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellegurl View Post
    Debbie,I just realized you are setting a count on the days you work your piece-what a great idea!
    The 100 Days of HAED challenge I'm participating in requires that you stitch every day, even if it's only to put in a single stitch. I'm currently on Day 89 of the 100 days and have managed to stitch every single day so far. It was the requirements of this challenge that gave me the idea of logging my stitch count daily and I've found I like doing it. I bought myself a set of 8 colored highlighters. One of them is yellow and I don't use that one, but I rotate the other seven, using a different color to highlight the day's progress and totaling the stitches at the end of each day. Then about once a week I transfer those numbers to a spreadsheet that tallies my progress. I also highlight my completed progress on my original pdf copy of the pattern (that's where I use the yellow) and reprint my working pages so they're ready to use the highlighter again. It takes a bit of time but not an unreasonable amount, and I've found it to be a remarkable motivator! I'm fairly sure that even if I don't join another challenge right away, I'm going to set personal challenges for myself and continue to track them the same way. By using this system, I've managed to put in 11,874 stitches in the last 88 days. That works out to an average of 134.9 stitches per day! That's huge for me, as I'm a relatively slow stitcher. So obviously the goal setting and tracking the progress has worked and I'm going to keep doing it!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    I'm in this weekend with Night Cafe. And there are still a few of us around, Wendy. I enjoy our SALs and I hope you'll continue with them. I think summer just got in everyone's way. Hopefully, as the weather turns colder and the outside work tails off for the winter, people will join us again.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Wow, that's quite a process you go through, Debbie! I had always wondered how you knew exactly the number of stitches you did per day. You've devised a great way to keep count, and I imagine you're quicker at counting now than you were in the beginning!

Thanks so much for your input on the SALs. I hope you're right about winter bringing out more stitchers!
    Wendy