Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended SAL - Please join in - everyone is welcome!!

Images

Extended SAL - Please join in - everyone is welcome!!

Good morning everyone! As you all know, there are five Fridays this month, which means that once again we get to hold an extended SAL! Everyone enjoys these ones - we get to see so much more progress. The SAL will run from tomorrow, August 31 until Monday, September 11, giving us eleven days of stitching pleasure. It would be great to see some new people taking part, so if you have hesitated in joining us in the past, now would be a good time for you to join in the fun! These SAL's are great motivators. Stitch as much, (or as little) as you are able, on Golden Kite, non-Golden Kite or any combination of projects that you like. Take a 'before' photo when you start and an 'after' photo when you finish and post them on this thread for us to admire! If you have any questions, please ask.

I will be continuing on with my David and hope to get lots done. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Wendy. I'll be joining in with Japanese Garden. I hope to get a great deal done this SAL!
    Nirmal

Images
    That’s great Nirmal! I was alone last time, and it was looking like it might be repeated this time.
    Wendy

Images
    <laughing> I should have checked the Extended SAL post sooner. I was thinking it ended on 9/4 and was feeling bad about not posting, either that I was going to participate or progress. Now I find that I miscalculated and I have almost another week. Duh! At any rate, yes, I'm taking part in this one and will post progress next Tuesday!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    Am away until Sunday guys so will give this one a miss for now xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    I hope you're having a fabulous time, Chris!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    I hope you're having a fabulous time, Chris!
    We had a brilliant tim thank you Wendy xx we are now home having just had time to make a cuppa and some toast xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Glad to hear it, Chris!
    Wendy

Images
    Turned out to be a fantastic week for stitching for me. My husband was on vacation all week, and I took the week, as well, thinking we were going to work on painting the house. But two days before the weekend started, my husband's car developed a sound that he didn't like. After getting under it and given it a good going over he announced that he was going to have to rebuild the suspension, front and back. So no painting. He started on it the Sunday before Labor Day and finished up on Thursday evening. New shocks and struts all the way around, plus new front axles, ball joints, controls arms and tie rod ends on the front. I'm not going to complain, through. The parts cost $600 plus the $98 it cost to have the front end aligned when he was finished. The job would have cost closer to $2,500 if we'd had to take it to a garage or to the dealer. And he was happy as a clam while he was working on it. He loves doing that kind of stuff. But the gist is, while he was happily taking his car apart and putting it back together again, I got to stitch! So I made some decent headway on Night Cafe. My personal goal for the 100 Days of HAED Challenge (aside from those set by the Challenge guidelines) was to double my completed stitch count by the end of the challenge. We just hit day 70 and I'm only 321 stitches away from that goal. If I'm lucky, I'll get those done today and have met my personal goal. Woo hoo! So this is Night Cafe as it stood when I went to bed last night. And rather than posting where I stopped this last time, I'm going to post my starting picture for the challenge. It shows how far I've come. So, the first picture is where I started on 7/2/18 and the second picture is as of 9/9/18.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-07-01 Day 0.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	976.4 KB 
ID:	8905 Day 0 of the Challenge on 7/2/18 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-09-09 - Day 70.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	987.2 KB 
ID:	8906 Day 70 of the Challenge on 9/9/18
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow, Debbie! You've been a busy bee! Those beautiful colours are coming together-you've done so much! Here is mine-I hope I have it right side this time!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAL-before.JPG   SAL-after.JPG  
    Nirmal