Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended SAL - Please join in - everyone is welcome!!

Images
    Debbie, this is gorgeous, and how it has grown! There are so many different, vibrant colours and they all blend together beautifully. I hope you'll keep working on this one for a while so we can continue to watch it.

Nirmal, what great progress you have made! This is another one with lovely colours, and it looks like you've got a lot of confetti to stitch. I'm so glad that you've come back to us- you were missed!

Here is my progress on David. I was hoping to finish the row, but we were away for four days at the start of the SAL so didn't quite make it. Soon, though!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6577.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	8909 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6580.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	8910
    Wendy

Images
    Speaking of lovely colors, Nirmal, so is yours! This is lovely and I'm looking forward to watching it grow.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Debbie, this is gorgeous, and how it has grown! There are so many different, vibrant colours and they all blend together beautifully. I hope you'll keep working on this one for a while so we can continue to watch it.
    Thnaks. I just love the colors in this and I'm sure that's what makes this one fun. I'm sure I'm going to continue at the end of the challenge. I'm not even close to being bored with this yet. I do have an itch brewing to work on Midnight Moon again, but I think I'll continue with this one at least through the end of October. That would give me November, December and most of January to work on Midnight Moon before I take off for my stitcher's retreat and the start of Dragon Kin.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    beautiful work everyone

Yesterday we had a Macmillan coffe day at our local yarn shop which I spent since Sunday afternoon baking for - these are the nurses who care for our cancer patients and their families with anything they need - they are angels to these families and are a charity here in the uk.

We were open from 12noon until 8:30pm selling cakes biscuits and everything that three of us baked ( I am all baked out for a while now) we had a fun day and raised nearly 800 which far surpassed what we expected thNks to the generosity of the shops customers and other work places around them. It was amazing but very tiring.

That is all my obstacles out of the way for a couple of weeks now so am hoping that I can get back to normalnow with stitching at last and Knitting only in the daytime so fingers crossed x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    What a wonderful charity to support, Chris! That is quite a sum to have raised, and it will be very appreciated. I imagine that you all had a lovely afternoon socializing also. No more baking until December, right??

It will be good to have you back stitching.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    I have to say I am all baked out for a while except Aubrey’s birthday cake - can you believe that she will be 1 year old on 28th September - where did that year go and yes I actually stitched last night woohoo xx

Images
    Wow, that's hard to believe - she must be adorable!

Are you loving your new kitchen now that you know where everything is? You have soooooo much working room!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Wendy my kitchen is fabulous and my bakathon for the charity event was so easy with all the space

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F2F8F2CC-6512-496D-AB84-8C215A49530F.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	807.6 KB 
ID:	8911 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32287F12-86B0-4400-ABB1-426EBBFC7302.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	626.9 KB 
ID:	8912 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AD107C42-1952-400C-974E-41954F53DC5A.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	8913 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5CD4DB59-D23B-4611-96A9-65C66F44088E.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	234.4 KB 
ID:	8914 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	84F21D56-CFEC-4AA9-9C04-A2F98048A174.jpeg 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	8915 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2BA6698B-B30C-4F75-B484-52A7629B807C.jpeg 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	8916

Just a few photos of Aubrey and one of the boys I. Their school uniform as they started ‘big school’ as opposed to preschool last week now where that 4 and a half years have gone I don’t know.....

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you Wendy, I've missed everyone here, too.
    Your David is so beautiful! The white on black-such great patience to stitch-but such beautiful results!

Yes, my garden is mostly confetti, but the further I get, the more it is worth it. I needed a break from my Beauty-don't worry, she will be finished, but I needed something completely different for awhile.

Chris, what a wonderful charity to be a part of! I'm a nursing unit coordinator, and I see how hard the nurses work all the time-especially with terminal patients-it is truly amazing, and requires a special kind of person.

Your family is adorable, Chris-I love the 'big school' unis-that's one thing I miss: when I was in England, I wore the uni to school, then coming to Canada, I found that children could wear anything-I wasn't used to it at first-it took me awhile!
    Nirmal

Images
    Thank you Nirmal!

Chris, the boys are so grown-up now that I wouldn't recognize them - their features have changed as they've lost their baby fat. Very handsome in their uniforms! And ... Aubrey is growing so quickly - a little sweetie-pie!
    Wendy