Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: August Friday - Monday SAL

Images

August Friday - Monday SAL

Good morning everyone! This weekend is our SAL for both GK and non-GK charts. It's looking like it may be a rainy weekend and Peter will be away fishing, so I'm hoping to get a lot of stitching done on David. Will anybody be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Sorry for absence , heatwave knocked me out, rev=covered now, so ill do Gentleman writing
    Robert

Images
    I'm definitely in. Continuing with Night Cafe.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm in! This weekend is our long weekend-BC Day-so three solid stitching days for me-whoohoo! Also, it's a lot cooler, which helps a lot. I'll be in with my Japanese Garden.
    Nirmal

It was quite a good weekend. Did better than last time

Before

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before (768x1024).jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	8879

After

Name:	after 2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	498.0 KB 
ID:	8880

Blog Entries
    Images
    Brilliant progress Akvilele Robert I know what you mean - the heat is knocking me off my feet now and then so no stitching done again this week - I love the nice weather but it’s playing havoc with my stitching.... xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Blog Entries
    Images
    Looking great, Akvilele.

With my three day weekend, I went stitch crazy! Before the SAL started, I was able to sort my threads, and get started-I'm always super excited to start a new project! So I have a before picture! Here are the before and after:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAL-before.JPG   SAL-after.JPG  
    Nirmal

Images
    Wow, what beautiful progress you have made, Akvile! It looks like you've got almost another whole page done - you've really made up for last week. Even with all of the browns in this section, there's still lots of detail.

Nirmal, you've made a great start on your new project. I love this one, and it looks like you are going to have such fun colours to stitch!

Here's my progress on David. It felt like more than what it looks like. Almost finished another page!

Name:	IMG_6540.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	8883 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6544.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	8884
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning all! This weekend is our SAL for GK charts. I'll be golfing and stitching, and I'm hoping for a page finish on David. I'm hoping that somebody stitches along with me so that I don't have a Stitch-Alone! Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Everyone made such good progress last weekend!

Akvilele, this looks wonderful. I love the subtle patterning in the shades of brown. Do you have a color change coming soon, or are you in the middle of a section that has a lot of shades of the same color? I know I can get tired of working in nothing but shades of the same color family.

Nirmal, a woman after my own heart. I love the brilliant colors! I do hope you like confetti, though, because that looks like it's full of it.

Wendy, what can I say? David is just marvelous. It has to feel good to know that not only is the stitching your own accomplishment, but so is the photo it's based on. I'm just in awe of this one.

I apologize for the lateness of the posting of my progress. I'm only suppose to be working Tuesday - Thursday each week, but last week was crazed. I worked all three days, as well as Friday and Monday - Wednesday of this week. Major office overhaul including the installation of a new computer in the office. Still trying to get that fully set up and all of the software loaded. But I did make some good headway on Night Cafe over the weekend. I've done some stitching on this since Monday, but haven't completed more than a dozen stitches since Monday evening (too tired so not enough concentration remaining to make it worth trying to push any further.) I did just enough to meet the challenge requirements. The starting picture dates from Wednesday morning (8/1/18), which is the most recent starting photo I have. I have one more color to lay at the bottom of the section I've been working to complete the "pattern" in this area and then I'll move to the left side of the design and work that vacant area down to the level I've got finished now. Then it's over to the right and back to black again. I'm actually looking forward to the black. It will be a nice break from the confetti! I have to laugh, though. The way I've been working this, I've only managed two page finishes. The pattern design ends up stopping just short of page finishes. And since i'm trying to feather the edges where I can to help prevent tension lines, I end up stopping just short of page finishes. Oh well, it doesn't really matter. They'll all get finished in the end!

Before Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-07-31 Day 30JPG.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	884.8 KB 
ID:	8885 After Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4848.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	936.4 KB 
ID:	8886
    Debbie K. in Illinois