Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: August Friday - Monday SAL

Blog Entries
    Images
    Afternoon all, Wendy I hope all your family and friends are ok - we have breaking news about a mass shooting in Fredericton, which I know is nearly 2 hours away from you but still too close for comfort xx hugs and sympathy’s to those effected xxxx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Blog Entries
    Images
    I am going to try and get some stitching in this sal as weather has dramatically cooled down today - I. Fact it’s raining which fits as we are off to a funeral today of one of he senior members of the masons of which Pete is worshipful master and as such I am principal lady ad have to go with him xx

Images
    Thank you Debbie! Wow, your Night Cafe is gorgeous - I love all those vibrant colours! Is this an Alfremov? I've been looking at them and seriously considering stitching one. You're doing a wonderful job on itl

Chris, thank you for your concern. It is such a tragedy, especially for our quiet little province. My daughter lives and works in Fredericton, but she is at the other end of the city and wasn't in any danger. A number of her co-workers live in the north end and couldn't get into work this morning due to the lock down (which was lifted at 11:00 am). We're still all waiting for information - no idea at all as to the cause.
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Thank you Debbie! Wow, your Night Cafe is gorgeous - I love all those vibrant colours! Is this an Alfremov?
    Yes, Leonid Afremov. I've also got Memories of First Love. I love all of his designs. Almost Winter was my least favorite because it seemed so drab compared to his others. That is, until I saw pictures of the design in progress. It's a lot brighter than the photo would lead you to believe. But my favorites are the ones where he uses water. He does such amazing things with reflections on water.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    Wendy we are so used to hearing about these things happening in USA but certainly not in your small piece of Canada xx am glad you are all good and that your daughter is safe and well too xx

Blog Entries
    Images
    Good afternoon, all. Today is the first cool day we've had in-weeks!

Akvilele, what work on your after! A great job-you're a speedy stitcher, and your beautiful project is coming along so quickly-I can't wait to see more!

Wendy, David is flowing onto that black Aida with subtlety and grace. The colour blending is lovely!

Debbie, your piece is gorgeous-love your colours. And yes-there are TONS of confetti in mine-something I most definitely am not a fan of. But it will all be worth it in the end, I'm sure.
    Nirmal

Images
    Thank you Nirmal!

I'm envious that you've had some cooler weather - perhaps it will start moving westward! We're still in a heat wave here.
    Wendy

Images
    Here's my progress on David. I had a page finish on the lower right! Almost one whole page, and then a smaller partial page to go for a row finish.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6548.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	8888 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6556.JPG 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	8889
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Lovely progress Wendy xx

Well what a couple of days - I fell over in our hallway (entrance) on Monday afternoon - totally sober I have to say... my trousers which are baggy as they are lovely and cool caught on the radiator valve when I was trying to put my slippers on and as I put my leg forward to walk not knowing this my leg didn’t move but the rest of me did thus ending up with me face planting the hard wooden floor.... it happened that fast I didn’t even have time to use my hands to stop my face hitting the floor - my specs which are undamageded dug I to my eyelid and I now have a cut the length of an eyebrow which incidentally didn’t bleed.... I ended up with a nose bleed though - so I have been nursing a black eye for two days which thankfully I can still see through and apart from a scar there should be no lasting damage. When The bruising stops hurting I will go to the optician and get them to check that there is no damage to my retina as I did hit my head quite forcefully on the floor but it hurts a wee bit too much for him to touch it right now and the ice pack gave me ‘brain freeze’ lol - I am laughing about it now but it did knock me sick for abought half an hour xx

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA2DF9C3-8491-4347-A07E-F92F81D3126A.jpeg 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	8890

Images
    Thank you Chris!

Oh, poor you. That looks like a nasty cut you have there - interesting that it didn't bleed. You always seem to find any excuse to not stitch these days! Seriously though, I hope it heals up quickly and there is no lasting damage. My sister did something similar in the late spring - tripped on an uneven part of a neighbour's step and landed on her face on the stone walkway. She put her tooth through her upper lip, requiring three stitches, and broke her nose. Her biggest worry was losing her two front teeth, or having them go black, but she's been to the dentist a couple of times and he feels that they will be fine.

Take care, Chris.
    Wendy