Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July Friday - Monday SAL

Images

July Friday - Monday SAL

Good afternoon all! This weekend is our SAL for both GK and non-GK charts. I won't be able to participate as my friend and I will be heading out of town tomorrow and back on Tuesday evening for the 3-day Provincial Tournament. We'll be golfing a couple of games before the tournament to get a feel for the course - neither one of us have played this one before. I'll be cheering you all on though!

Will anyone be participating?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    I will definately be participating! Remember my Eastern Beauty? Well, I'll be in with her.

Good luck with your tournament, Wendy! Let us know how it goes!
    Nirmal

Images
    Thank you Nirmal!

I remember your Eastern Beauty very well - can't wait to see how she may have grown!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Wendy I will be in with my boys not done any since last sal as been out most of the week celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary

Normal welcome home looking forward to your progress on Eastern Beauty xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks again Chris. I have been looking at the pictures of her that I have posted here before, and I must say, she has grown considerably. However, not fast enough for me! I am concentrating on her to get her done.
    Nirmal

Images
    I'm in with flowers and fruit - made some progress last week, but it not as much as wanted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	currentflowers.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	8838
    Robert

Images
    I'm in this weekend with Night Cafe. Welcome back, Nirmal. It will be great to see your progress on Eastern Girl again.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Debbie. Thank you. It's great to see you and the others again, too.

Eastern Beauty has grown, but my fingers are itching for another pattern I have-however, I'm determined to finish her-she's been hanging around far too long.
    Nirmal

Images
    Well, I stitched this morning and I'm not sure I'll have the chance to pick it up again later this evening so I thought I would go ahead and post my progress. I will own up that the pictures here cover Tuesday through Thursday, as well as the weekend, but I get the sense that all of us tend to post from the time of the last update to our finish on Monday. Is that correct? If not, I'll start trying to take a Friday morning picture as well as a Monday one for the SAL here. At any rate, this is Night Cafe as of noon today. I've been pleased with my progress as the result of this challenge. I've stitched every day and over the last 7 days I've put in 1,844 stitches, bring my total completed to 12,532 of the 203,850 in the project. That's good for me because I'm a relatively slow stitcher. I'm trying to teach myself to stitch 2-handed, but I'm pretty seriously right handed and my brain doesn't work that way. I do pretty well when using a single strand of thread, but working with two strands and keeping the stitches even when stitching with my left hand is being a problem. But I'll keep practicing and I'll get better at it. I haven't added any new colors to it since I brought it into rotation again, so I'm still at 76 of the 88 colors in use. I will add some as I move into page 4 since I'll be getting into the greens for the first time. So the first picture is where the piece was when I put it back on the frame and the second one is my current progress.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starting Point.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	975.5 KB 
ID:	8839 Starting point on 7/2/18 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-07-09.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	8840 Progress as of 7/9/18
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    I love those colours, Debbie! They're so vivid! I can't wait to see your piece grow. And you've done quite a bit-I can tell. I stitch like you-I tend to take my time-and with one hand(my right). It's the only way I know, too!

Here is my Beauty: When I finished the page I was on, I was so tired of working on that wall, that I decided to come down and work on her face-I haven't been there in a while. Pardon the lighting in the second picture-it was taken in another room.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAL-before.JPG   SAL-after.JPG  
    Nirmal