Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: July Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Congratulations on finishing another page Akvilele, and you've made a great start on your next page! I love the look of the palm leaves - they are so delicate. Once this row is completed you will be able to start some brighter colours!

I'm with you on the heat - we've been in a heat wave for two weeks and it's not finished yet. Normally August is our hottest month, so I'm getting worried about how hot it might get.

I didn't get too much done on David this time. There were so many things going on here - hopefully the coming weekend will be better. The first photo was taken in the evening and is a bit dark. I stood back a bit further and the waffle-look seems to have disappeared, thankfully.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6532.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	8877 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6539.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	8878
    Wendy

Images
    Beautiful progress, Arkviele. I know you've said, but what is your design. It really is lovely.

David continues to progress beautifully, Wendy. The shading is amazing. Aside from getting rid of the waffling, taking the picture from a bit further back really accentuates the shading, making the actual design look even more detailed. That is the nature of needlework, but I still find it fascinating when that happens. You look at it closely and the detail just doesn't seem to be there, but then you step back from it and the design literally snaps into focus. It's amazing! Gorgeous work.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thank you Debbie! Yes, that always amazes me too. When I'm up close stitching, everything look so flat with just blobs of colour. Standing back brings everything to life!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Great progress, Akvilele. I'm looking forward to seeing this one grow.

Wendy, David is, as always, beautiful!
    Nirmal

Images
    Thank you Nirmal!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Good progress Wendy on David xxx

The heat here comes and goes but leaves the air thick and muggy and I find it hard to c9ncentrate for too long so no stitching done for about 3 weeks now and it’s so annoying - don’t want to make mistakes through lack of concentration as frogging would be worse than the heat getting to me hopefully sometime over this weekend it will cool a bit but we are out tonight at friends so will be tomorrow before I can get to it and the evening doesn’t look too bad heat wise but we will see. I long for those days when I used to be able to cope with all temperatures - they appear to have left me over the years and now I like it warm and slightly hot but we 8n the uk are just not used to this type of heat and if as they say our weather is changing we may have to invest in air conditioning....
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Thank you Chris!

I totally understand about the heat and mugginess. We're in our third week now, with no letup in sight. I'm so happy that we put a couple of mini-splits in the house - cool in summer and heat in winter. I thought we'd have to tear out walls, but these are installed near the ceiling, with just a small hole to the outside of the house. I hope your heat eases up soon.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Wendy xxx it’s been a hot one again today but I am glad we are in the north west and not the south as they are having it worse there xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk