Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: July Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    I'm the same as Robert - not much done this week, but not because of the heat. Praise God, we have air conditioning. Life in central Illinois would be unbearable without it. So the heat doesn't prevent me from stitching. But I've gone back to work part time to help some friends who were pretty seriously taken financially by a former co-worker. I'm working three days a week trying to straighten out the mess and get things back in order for them. But that cuts into my stitching time. Plus I'm back into confetti central on Night Cafe so the going is slower. But I'm definitely in for this weekend.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    We have air conditioning also, thank goodness! We're still in our heat wave with a humidex in the mid 30's. That's how I manage to golf in the heat - the knowledge that I'll be cool when I get home!!
    Wendy

Images
    I'm in, I usually work all weekend but this weekend I'm off so I should get some stitching done (If it's not all hot humid and sticky)
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    Debbie, like you I have been helping a friend out in her yarn store - her 29 year old nephew has been diagnosed with advanced Hodgkin’s lymphoma and has just started intensive chemotherapy and as such they have been mad busy trying to get things sorted both at home and in their heads - she is back at work now but still needs support for her and her sister and nephew also the rest of the family as they are all extremely close. The consultant says that he will do what he can to get rid of this nasty disease but he will be very poorly for a long time as 8 think the6 are zapping it with everything they have at their disposal xx

I will try and be in this weekend.

Also we 8n the uk don’t get this type of weather enough to warrant air con but oh right now I wish we did have it!!!!

Today we are off to watch the boys ‘graduation’ from nursery/pre-school.... this is a first for me, they didn’t even have proms in the high schools here when my boys went so graduations are a very new thing unless you went to university xx

Have loads of tissues wit( me just 8n case lol x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Debbie and Chris, your friends must be so appreciative of your help in their times of need. You are good friends!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Greetings, all! So sorry, I haven't been able to take part, due to two things: firstly, my vacation is over, and I'm back at work, so very little stitching time! And secondly, it is so hot! I won't be in this SAL, but I'll follow everyone else's progress.

Chris, your work from last weekend is coming along beautifully-I can't wait to see more!

Wendy, I love the soft white against the black background-so pretty-stitching on black Aida is tough-but looks so good! And Debbie is right-you're a very fast stitcher-I am just itching to finish-but I'm ponderously slow!!!
    Nirmal

Images
    Thank you Nirmal!

I'll post my photos later today. Hope everyone had a good weekend! It was soooo hot here - in the 30's with a humidex of 40 (celsius).
    Wendy

Images
    Hot sticky and dull here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	8853afterClick image for larger version. 

Name:	after2.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	8854
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    You made some nice progress, Abi. You're moving right along. It's actually not too bad here right now. It's been hovering in the low 80s during the day, although it crept up to around 86 today and it was a bit humid, but this is supposed to be the hottest day this week. I hope it sticks around. I've been enjoying the cooler weather!

I made decent progress on Night Cafe this week. We have to post progress every 10 days as part of this challenge and during the second 10 days period, I managed to get in 1,005 stitches. Not too bad when you consider I had two days when I only put in 8 stitches each day! At any rate, here's where I stand now. I particularly like the way the colors shade across the blues and purples underneath that section of black right in the middle!

Name:	2018-07-09 - Day 0.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	8855 Progress as of 7/9/18 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-7-23.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	8856 Progress as of end of day 7/23/18
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Beautiful progress despite the heat, Abi! Those trees on the right are really taking shape. I hope your heat wave (and ours) ends soon.

Debbie, these are such gorgeous colours! I love those blues and purples also - such a lovely contrast against the black.

Here is David. He's starting to get that waffle look to him again, so I'll stand further away next time. Hopefully that will remedy things.

Name:	IMG_6525.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	8857 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6531.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	8858
    Wendy