Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: May Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by merrick10uk View Post
    Surprise it’s me and my boys not lots but 100 stitch square completed with a bit extra xx still need to find my stitching position in this room x will be disturbed again this week for the painter but then that is it xx

Before
    Attachment 8730

After
    Attachment 8731
    any progress is progress, and this nice work
    Robert

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Robert hopefully there will be more soon but we are off on a family holiday on s7nday so that will put a hold on it for two weeks but when I get back I need to be serious as this is the 4th year on this one - on and off because of arrival of 3 grandchildren in that time and. The kitchen of course xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    No stitching for me Too much gardening and stitching has brought on the tendonitis I have a really fat hand it and it hurts like stink so I'll have to rest it for 2 weeks or else I'll cause permanent damage. I'll never learn! The doctors given up on me.

Robert your Gentleman looks great

Chris about time too, those Boys are now teenagers
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    Lol abi x I am not setting a date for completion but would love it to be this year

Blog Entries
    Images
    Abi make sure you do rest your hand as we don’t want you to lose your stitching ability - maybe get a gardener in Hun that way you can stitch more xxxx

Images

Weekend SAL Finish

Well, I managed to lose my text. Not sure how that happened. Oh, well. Let's try this again.

Chris, It's great to see your boys again and I hope you find time to continue to work on it. As Robert says, all process, no matter how small, is good.

Robert, I really love the way the colors pop on Gentleman. I think you're making great progress, particularly since you had to stop to set up the new frame in the middle.

And I understand gardening, Abi. I've been working on mine as well. Spread it over two weekends and the days in between. I'm all done now except for completing the mulching of my herb bed and my husband getting the irrigation set up.. It won't take that long to do the mulching, it's just that I haven't worked up the ambition to haul the 20 pound bag of mulch around to the other side of the house to get it done. I intend to get it done today so I don't have to think about it any longer.

This is my progress on Magical Arrival Storykeep by Heaven and Earth Designs. I elected to move to this one because it's smaller (in terms of total number of stitches) and was already started. I joined a 60 Days of HAED challenge to stitch on a HAED project every day for 60 days. It doesn't matter how much - just stitch on it every day. So far I've accomplished it except for one day when were gone all day and one day when the cold my husband gave me fogged my brain enough I couldn't concentrate. I started this back on 3/8/18 on 32 count over 1 and quickly discovered that the inflammation in my right eye simply made it impossible to work. That issue is fully cleared up now and with the help of readers and my magnifying light, I'm having no problem seeing it. So I stopped at 233 stitches on the 8th and didn't pick it up again until 4/25/18. As of last night I stand at 1,575 completed. If I can do an average of 100 stitches per day through the end of the challenge I'll have it 25% finished by mid-June. Not bad. I also have the option of switching projects in the middle of the challenge which means I could move to Night Cafe. I'm still considering that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-03-08 Start.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	685.1 KB 
ID:	8732 Start with 233 stitches complete Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-05-07.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	805.0 KB 
ID:	8733 Finish as of 5/7/18
    Debbie K. in Illinois

I think I forgot to say I was in this week. Managed to get a bit done on Magic Potion between studying, work, and the yard. We are finally snow free in our yard, we are not going to talk about in the bush around the yard though. Now we are just a giant mud pit. Dad and I decided on where our garden will go and have had a look at a couple of things to do before we get the nice grass on the lawn going. He is going to get some not as good seed just to do some stuff in the back so next spring it is not the bare mud pit we have now. We looked at our drainage too and have some improvements to make there. This week I will be getting the piles of boards and bricks we temporarily stored up by the apple trees moved more out of sight so I can work on that area. It had a bunch of Aspen trees and hawkweed (invasive weed here) take over between the piles the past 2 years so I need to get them gone so we can work on that area too. We are waiting for our storage sea-can to be delivered and our demolition permit for our old modular to get approved.

Chris so nice to see the boys again! Glad you are finally getting back to normal, or at least will be after painting and holidays.

Robert how do you like your stand? I have heard nothing buy good about Lowry ones. A good stand makes a world of difference.

Debbie nice work on your HAED. I am so glad your eye is doing better. Now you will fly once again on your projects.

My before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1640[1].jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	8734 and after:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1646[1].jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	8735 Crawling ever closer to that second colour being done. The big white triangle on the bottom left and the big white about 2/3 of the way up on the right are both windows. The little white top left is a bit of wall. The rest of what I am doing is curtains that will have some purple in them from what I can tell. Once I am done these pages and this row I think I am going to do a bit of something else to reset myself.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you girls and boys I hope to carry on there isn’t any reason not to now as I can’t knit the kids jumpers etc dui g the day and stitch at night xx

You have all made such fabulous progress and I am looking forward to buying a laptop so that I can look at them on a larger screen xx

Images
    Tamara, potions looking good I love my lowrey stand, made working on there projects so much easier. Sounds you been busy in your yard again
    Robert

Images
    Debbie, thank you, this one goes in fits and starts, sometimes you can bowl along, other times it is slow due to confetti. yout HAEd coming along nicely
    Robert