Update on progress.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latest.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	194.4 KB 
ID:	8699
    Robert

Nice progress Robert!

I have not done a stitch all weekend. Hopefully I can get to it tonight when it is quiet at the house. It was crazy with grocery shopping, changing out the actual studded winter tires for summers (still all season tires here because winter can happen here year round and really we still have a couple of feet of snow in our yard), my sister's birthday, and getting some stuff planned for our yard once the snow goes. We also got some of the rhubarb plants we had just thrown off to the side when we did our work last fall into the ground as they are sprouting. The ones we actually planted are still under snow right now so we have no idea if they survived so we figured we would give these ones a chance. Plus a got a road bike on Friday and I took it to a shop to get it all set up. I have a 15km one way trip to work and I want to actually try to ride my bike to work and back this summer at least once. The big hills are all on the way home at least. I get the bike back on Thursday so I am going to have to start riding it around to work up to the distances I need and the hills I will have to do. I need to do something to get into shape and I always loved riding my bike so why not combine them?
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all you have all made such wonderful progress xx

I hope to be able to set my stitching back up in about two weeks when all should be done and the house back to normal - just before we go on our family holiday with the boys, Daniel and Kate I am sort of looking forward to it but with some trepidation xx

I am definitely looking forward to getting back to my stitching
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Well I managed to stitch for 4 evenings I didn't manage to finish his eye as there's 11 sts to be worked and every st is a different blend with no other sts near enough to run the thread to!

Name:	before.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	8702after Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afterJPG.JPG 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	8703

Robert I love the colours your stitching, nice work

Tamara best of luck with those hills, don't over do it too soon or you will really suffer

Chris I can't wait to see your Boys again, have a great holiday
    Last edited by Abi; 04-24-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Well, I didn't get to stitch as much as I would have liked, and when I did, I kept having to frog things. I didn't manage to hit my rhythm until late yesterday afternoon and then ran out of time to get any major progress completed. But any headway is good headway so I'm not knocking it. So the first picture is of the full piece where I ended before I left on vacation, and the second one is where I ended last night. I'll get there yet . . .

Abi, I'm so amazed at your progress on Raquette. That sky is just gorgeous! I was laughing at your comment on the eye. I remember what that's like and I'm looking forward to having that problem again!

Robert, how many GK pieces do you have in the works right now? I really like the progress you've many on Gentleman Writing a Letter. Detail is showing up quickly on this one. I've been watching the way you work your designs on the diagonal. How do you determine how far you go across before you start working your way down the diagonal?

Debby, Winter really is lovely. I now it seems like you're moving slowly, but you've gotten a lot done since you came back to the list and began posting updates again. I look forward to every update.

Tamara, I'm looking forward to your progress on Magic Potion. I've really liked the added sections recently.

Wendy, I'm looking forward to you getting home. I'm missing the udpates on David!

Same goes with your boys, Chris. I'll cross my fingers for your two week estimate.

Name:	2018-04-03.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	8704 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-04-24.jpg 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	8705
    Last edited by Debbie Kluge; 04-24-2018 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Reorient attachments ot end of note
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Beautiful progress, Robert! We can really see the detail on the window casing and the leading between the panes developing already.

Abi, I can relate to the eye too! He’s looking gorgeous already and will soon be there in all his glory!

Debbie, I’m sorry you had to do your frogging, but it’s good that you caught it before you got too far. It’s looking more beautiful each posting! Yup, I can’t wait to stitch on David again. We’re flying home tomorrow.
    Wendy

Images
    Tamara, when you mentioned your road bike, at first I thought you meant motor bike! You certainly have my admiration if you’re wanting it bike both ways to work. I find the hardest thing is getting my backside toughened up on the seat!

Luckily we still have a LNS less than ten minutes from my home. I buy everything but my charts there, and may pay a bit more but I want to do my part to help keep them in business.

We’re going back home tomorrow, but no idea when our golf courses will be opening - still some snow on the ground and then things will have to dry out.

Here’s my progress on Woman, still background though. I’m looking forward to my Mark II and magnifier!

Name:	2D023F8F-45E5-48C0-9B9D-6F84CECEB73D.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	8708

I see see they are still upside down, and I had difficulty posting. The first one showing is the after shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 531FC78F-A024-4B5E-8C76-936FF6840BC3.jpg  
    Last edited by WendyLee; 04-24-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Kluge View Post

Robert, how many GK pieces do you have in the works right now? I really like the progress you've many on Gentleman Writing a Letter. Detail is showing up quickly on this one. I've been watching the way you work your designs on the diagonal. How do you determine how far you go across before you start working your way down the diagonal?
    I only have one G piece on the go at the moment . that is pattern 220 Flowers and Fruit 2. The Gentleman wriing a letter s a scarlet quince pattern. each diagonal is 10 stitches wide. the first diagonal starts with a row of 10, then a row of nine, right down to one. Next diagonal start on first row and work down to point of previous diagonal then add a new triangle one. I know it sounds complex, but i find it flows nicely once it is set up.
    Robert

Images
    yes, the detail is showing nicely now. only 4 mor diagonals and the top right hand corner of the window casing will show.
    Robert

I'm late showing progress on my Mystery SAL, but here are before and after. I'm at the cottage for awhile and the light isn't that good. I think I have to get out the OTT light again.

Name:	P1020921.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	8709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020922.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	8710