Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: April Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Abi, is this Necessaire stand the one that you had on order for so long? What a shame if you can't get it to work to your liking.

I think I may have forgotten to tell you that I ended up getting a Stitchmaster lap stand from the Canadian company that you found for me. It's what I'm using now and I love it! It is what's making stitching possible while I'm away, although I'll be glad to be back on my Mark II when I get back home.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Wendy it's awful when you cant get comfy!
    I have been trying all weekend to find a comfy spot for the new stand and even after trying it in 3 different rooms it's still not right. At this rate I can see myself going back to the lap stand and sitting in the lounge

Debby I cant wait to get to that Stag

Abi it took me a while to get used to my necessaries stand xx keep trying you will get there x I ordered the longer arms for mine and that helped x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Tamara, you certainly have your work cut out for you over the next couple of years, but the benefits will be worth it. I'm glad you will still be able to stitch through it all!
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy I never ordered the stand from Needle Needs, this one popped up on an ebay buy it now so I bought it for 80 which is a lot cheaper than a new one. Its in lovely condition so I'll keep on trying to find it a home.
    I knew you would like the Stitchmaster lap stand as its very portable and light and a dream to work with What pattern are you working on now from Artecy?

Chris I dont think I need longer arms yet as the stand works perfectly if I sit on the sofa in the lounge. I just wanted it out of the lounge so I can leave it all set up so I can stitch anytime without having to put everything away when I'm done stitching to keep the lounge tidy. Hmm dont think I explained well I also have a neighbour who can make me some longer arms when I need them so I wont have to wait.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    What a great find, Abi, and you didn't have to wait a year or more to actually receive it! I'm stitching the Artecy 'Beautiful Chinese Filipino Woman'. It's in sepia, and is an easy stitch as there are only seventeen colours. I wasn't sure about the detail, but I followed someone's progress on their website and she is quite lovely. I'll see if I can tale a photo on my iPad and post it here - new things to learn! It's only background right now.
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks Wendy I'm really pleased with my bargain

I love your Filipino Woman, the detail looks great. I have had some really nice results with her patterns and have a few of the sepia/black and white ones on the stitch list, the 1st on the list is a gorgeous Grey Wolf. Maybe someday

Progress on Raquette, nearly a page finish except for all the green confetti sts!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bef.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	8681after Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	8682
    Abi.....

Images
    Yay, Abi, you're out of the sky and it looks wonderful! This greenery is going to make all the difference in the world - not on to the stag!

I took a photo with my iPad - now to see if I can post it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0041.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	8683

Well, it's totally upside down, but I did it!
    Last edited by WendyLee; 04-11-2018 at 02:29 AM.
    Wendy

Images
    good start on the piece, be interested to see how it develops

Images
    need a bit of advice. Im happiy working on my GK pattern. soon I will get to the point where I will want to stop going downwards and extend out to full width instead. From your experience , what is best to keep the bottom level or stagger it a bit?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olfen View Post
    need a bit of advice. Im happiy working on my GK pattern. soon I will get to the point where I will want to stop going downwards and extend out to full width instead. From your experience , what is best to keep the bottom level or stagger it a bit?
    Stagger it, if you keep it straight you run the risk of lines in your work. Look at my above pic and see hoe I stagger the sides and ends of each page and I dont get lines
    Abi.....