Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: April Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Oohh Abi, you’ve reached him! Beautiful progress to get there, and now he will appear in all his glory!

Robert, I find it fascinating watching your diagonal grow! Even with all the confetti you got so much done, and great detail already - thanks to the confetti.

Debby, I remember when your Winter was just a small spot of sky in the corner and you were only making small progress. Wow, look at it now! Your new building is coming along beautifully and the whole piece has such a peaceful atmosphere about it. I really feel for you with that freezing rain. We had more than our share in February, but it has no business happening in April!
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbyS View Post

Robert, I love the shading already.
    !
    Thank you It is slowly taking shape out of a sea of blobs. Winter progressing nicely, especially the building.
    Robert

Images
    Good morning everyone! This week is our SAL for both GK and non-GK charts. I’ll be continuing on with my Woman in between golf games. We’ll be flying back home next Wednesday and I’ll be able to stitch on David again. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    I'l be in with my Gentleman writing a letter piece
    Robert

I am in with Magic Potion or maybe my Hogwarts Classes stitch-a-long that I need to catch up on. I need to do some studying as well.

Everyone got so much done last week!
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Thanks all

Robert nice work!

Debby Winter looks lovely

I'm in with Raquette.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Finally back from vacation and ready to get back to a regular routine. I never got my progress picture posted for the extended SAL at the end of March (simply ran out of time before we left). I put it away to be sure the cats stayed out of it while we were gone, but I'll get it out and photographed before I start in again this weekend. On a side note, one of the notes I found in my e-mail when I got home was notice that my LNS (if you can term a shop 2 1/2 hours away "local") is closing. They've lost their lease and were unable to find a new location. She's been trying to sell the shop for the last couple of years, but has had no takers, so they're calling it quits. She's going to maintain her on-line shop as long as it takes to sell off her current inventory, and I have until June to get any framing done that I want her to do and then she's gone. So now I've got to find a new framer, AND my closest shop is some 4 hours away in the Chicago area. At any rate, I'm in with Autumn Garden Labyrinth in the final push to get that one completed so I can get it framed before she closes. I may work on my Hummingbird Afghan, as well. I'd like to get the panel I worked on while we were gone completed before I put it away. It's a travel project so it won't advance quickly, which is okay.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    starting point for this sal.... previous ia at 5 th april, latest is as at today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latest.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	8696

well there are simply o LNSs near me. For some fabrics, the linens i like using, i use a store in Germany, which works out cheaper than UK. do have a local framer though. seems all supplies now going on line. With the German supplier, i know ehat i am getting is good quality, so I'm happy with that. For thread use a mix of ebay/and an online supplier.
    Robert

Robert, Wendy and Abi, thank you for the kind words about Winter. It has been a slog, but yes, it's a peaceful scene.

This weekend I'm in with more of my Linen and Threads Mystery SAL.

Glad to see you back, Debbie. It's so sad to see another shop closing. I think I heard that Nordic Needle is going to be an online shop only now too. We used to have two great shops here, but both are gone now.

Images
    Yes, Nordic Needle is going to on-line only and then just for their custom patterns, which will be download only. All of the tutorials, Save the Stitches info and the like will also remain, but they won't be retailing supplies of any kind. It just got too expensive and they couldn't keep it afloat financially.

And I did manage to get my progress picture posted on the Extended SAL post. So now I'm going to go stitch!
    Debbie K. in Illinois