Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: April Friday - Monday SAL

Images

April Friday - Monday SAL

Good morning all! This week is our first SAL of April, and it will be for both GK and non-GK charts. Hopefully I'll finally get a start on my travel project. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Fabulous I look forward to seeing all the photos x

I have even thought about rescuing my boys from the depths of my craft room but it’s still a little dusty here xx it is getting less though as I only have to dust the tv twice a day now rather than every hour lol - no I didn’t I am not that mad but it felt like I should xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    I'll be joining in with my GK project

I will join in around rearranging my room and doing our late Easter turkey since we were away for Easter. I am going to have a set up a study area in my room as I am officially a Forester in Training for the next 2 years when I will be a Registered Professional Forester in BC. This is actually something that is mandated by the BC Forester Act and you can't just hang out a shingle saying you are, you need to follow the Provincial guidelines and process. This means working full time plus following a hard schedule of studying, exams, papers, and projects. Part of the requirement is actually to have to be working while you do it and keeping a log of it. The next module of my online training is on how to do that log. It is going to be an interesting process, but I know I can do it. I got my GIS Diploma over 1.5 years of schooling in 2015/ 2016 while working full time. I am glad I took a break in between though. And once this is done I may look into the process to be I am going to look into the equivalent for the GIS / mapping world. I will need my stitching to help center me as I find it somewhat like meditating. It helps to clear the mind by having you focus on a repeating motion. I neglected it in the late parts of my GIS diploma process a couple of years ago and it was not good for me mentally.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    I'm in with Raquette,

Tamara enjoy re arranging your room I'll be doing the same thing over the weekend as today or tomorrow my Neccesaire stands arriving and it needs somewhere to go.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Started on GK pattern 220 Flowers and Fruit 2 . At the moment no much point in showing photo as it is a blob of various shades of blue green. I'll take some tomorrow.

Images

GK Fruit and flowers No 2

first photo, now I have worked a bit. The fabric is Weddingen Linen 160, grey. this is a linen made for schwalm work, but as that needs an evenweave it works very well for cross stitch. the count is 34.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00155.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	8679

Your Fruit and Flowers looks like a very ambitious project, Robert. I'll love seeing it come to life with all those gorgeous colours. And the fabric looks beautiful.

Tamara, you've got a lot on your plate in the future. Best of luck with your studies and the work as well.

Abi, yay, I'm hoping to see some more antlers soon.

Wendy I know you must be enjoying yourself - may be too much to stitch???

I'm not officially joining in because I had to go to the AGM of one of my big committees yesterday (where I had to present a report) and today I'm off to an Antique show with a good friend after breakfast out together. So not much stitching is getting done. I'll just be lurking and cheering you all on.

Images
    I finally did some stitching last night and tonight. I now realize how much I've come to rely on my magnifier! I've had to rearrange chairs, lamps and end tables three or four times to create a stitching area that I'm comfortable in, but it now works for me.
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy it's awful when you cant get comfy!
    I have been trying all weekend to find a comfy spot for the new stand and even after trying it in 3 different rooms it's still not right. At this rate I can see myself going back to the lap stand and sitting in the lounge

Debby I cant wait to get to that Stag
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure