Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Extended SAL - Please join in - everyone is welcome!!

I will! However I am waiting for a sale so not sure how long that will take. I will show it once I get it framed.

Images
    well done on your finish

Images
    Sorry this is so late. I simply ran out of time before we left on vacation. But here was my progress for the extended SAL at the end of last month. The first picture is where I was when I started on the SAL and the second is where I finished up. I'm continuing on this design this weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-03-08 Full.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	8697 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-04-03.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	8698
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Oohh Debbie, it’s gorgeous, and what great progress you made! I love these vibrant colours. Have you caught up to where you’re supposed to be?
    Wendy

Images
    Beautiful work Debbie I really love those little Acorns!
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Oohh Debbie, it’s gorgeous, and what great progress you made! I love these vibrant colours. Have you caught up to where you’re supposed to be?

<laughs> Not exactly. I was trying to get to the end of part 7 before we left, but didn't manage it. Turned out to have too much to do before we took off. The, the final part was released 2 days before we left, so to get caught up now means finishing it. So now rather than trying to work in parts, I'm just working the entire thing. I'm trying to get the framing lines for sections set in. It will make finishing it a lot easier since it will give me a reliable points for cross counting to ensure correct placement. In spite of all of the color changes, the small individual motifs work up fairly quickly, and all of the solid color leaves go really fast. I technically won't be late on the finish as long as I complete it by the end of the month. I may make that, but I don't think I'm going to kill myself trying. If it gets done by the end of the month, great. If it doesn't, then I'll finish it in May. The piece has to be in for framing by June 9th or I have to locate another framer. I'll ask Kelly if she knows anyone, but the truth is, if I have to go to a new framer, I'd really rather have one closer to home. What I may do is ask her if she'd be willing to teach me how to stretch and mount the work properly so that I can take the ready to frame piece in to a local framer and not have to worry about whether they mount it correctly.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Beautiful work Debbie I really love those little Acorns!
    Thanks, Abi. I like all of the little designs in this one. And the addition of the shades of purple to all of the traditional fall colors just made the whole piece for me.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    I’d be so scared to do it myself. I know everyone washes and irons their work with no problem, but I’ve always left it to my framer. But ... I understand your trepidation with a new framer.
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    I’d be so scared to do it myself. I know everyone washes and irons their work with no problem, but I’ve always left it to my framer. But ... I understand your trepidation with a new framer.
    I do all my own laundering. I don't trust anyone else to do that. Some of the responses I see to the questions about washing on the Facebook lists I belong to just make me cringe. There's one man who volunteered that he launders all of his cross stitch in Oxyclean. That stuff's an oxygen-based bleach! And another woman says that she just throws her work into the washing machine with her regular laundry. How do you put that much time and effort into a piece of needlecraft and then treat it that way? I really don't get it.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Nope, I don’t get it either. Oxyclean??
    Wendy