Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Extended SAL - Please join in - everyone is welcome!!

Images
    Update time on Gentleman writing a letter. making steady progress even if it is partly all black stitching. Hope Wendy having a good holiday and everyone making good progres.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00150.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	8660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00149.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	8659

Images
    Those colours are beautiful Robert!

We arrived safely yesterday and in less than four hours I'll be golfing once again!
    Wendy

Images
    You may be suffering from confetti hell, Robert, but the effect is wonderful. I always find it so amazing how much detail can be achieved by using color in the proper way. This is really beautiful.

And speaking of detail and progress, Wendy, you amaze me. I can't believe how quickly your David is moving. This is truly a stunning piece.

I figure any progress is good progress these days, so don't get disheartened with your seed packet, Sue. Every stitch is a step closer to the finish.

And on the good news front for me, the inflammation in my right eye appears to have cleared up without having to resort to injections in the eye. I'm coming to believe that the reason my close up vision wasn't clearing the way the surgeon said it would was due to that inflammation, because now that it's gone, my close up vision is improving daily. With a decent font size, I can now read without glasses, and I rarely have to use glasses when working at my computer any longer. I'm still using them in the kitchen, but have you ever noticed that labels on boxes or bottles and NEVER printed in a reasonable font size??? Now it will just be a waiting game to see if the inflammation was purely a reaction to the surgery, or if I have a case of chronic inflammation. I'm hoping it's not the last, because my system is starting to get tired of the steroids and I'm getting mild headaches when I use them. Also, about 10 days ago I developed a nasty rash on my face. The doctors aren't sure if the rash was a direct allergic reaction to the high levels of steroids and anti-inflammatory meds, or if they simply suppressed my immune system enough to let me pick up something else. Either way, the ointment the doctor gave me cleared it up. For all that I've struggled over the last three months, I still believe the surgery was the best decision I ever made. I still find it glorious to wake up in the morning, open my eyes, and have everything in focus!

Wendy, have a great time on vacation. I know you'll be playing golf the entire time you're gone and hope you have warm weather in Myrtle Beach. The East Coast has been hammered by late winter weather this year. They even had to postpone the NASCAR race in Martinsville, Virginia last weekend for 3 inches of snow at the racetrack, and up to 6" just northeast of there! So, I'll hold good thoughts for you for the weather while you're there. Have fun.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Debbie - Glad to hear you are seeing some positives with your health. Hope you are very much through the worst of it and you see continued improvement each day.

Wendy - Happy golfing. I tried golfing a few times but could not really get into it. I like tennis though. Hope the weather cooperates for you.

My sprain is better so got about 300 stitches done today. Hope to do a few more yet.

Robert - so glad you are enjoying your project and look forward to more updates.

Images
    Debbie and Sue , glad to hear you both on the mend and hope your stitching endeavours are progressing well.

Good to hear you enjoying your holiday Wendy.

I am still making progress, I'm finding the confetti quite interesting to tackle, it the solid black I'm not that keen on !

Images
    I'm glad to hear that your eye is improving, Debbie! I remember when I had my laser surgery for near-sightedness more than twenty years ago. I think I had to use steroid drops for at least three months and I didn't feel well on them after a while either. I was so happy when they were finished. Just thinking about injections in the eye makes me shudder. Hopefully it's not a chronic inflammation.

Sue, I'm glad that your wrist has improved so that you can stitch again!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olfen View Post
    I will be, probably join in on saturday, as I am still getting sorted to start on scarlet quince Gentleman writing a letter Gabriel Metsu
    Welcome to gk Robert x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Yeahhhh I'm back

I haven't stitched a single stitch since my last post I'm now about to dig it out of the wardrobe build the lap frame back up and tonight I'm going to stitch to my hearts content

Jane and her mum are settling in to the new house and all's well. It's been great having them near again but I do enjoy the peace.

Wendy have a wonderful time and enjoy your golf and make sure you win

Welcome back Sue and a warm welcome to Robert, it's great that your joining us
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Oh Abi, it's so good to have you back with us! Is Jane's new house close to you?
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks Wendy, it's great to be back and stitching again. Jane's about an hour away by car and already she's fully immersed in her work and raring to go

I'm not at work today so after lunch I'll stitch Enjoy your golf

Edit, forgot to say its snowing here a great day to stay in and keep warm.
    Last edited by Abi; 04-02-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure