Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended SAL - Please join in - everyone is welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gail A View Post
    Will get back to my Shore of the Turquoise Sea! Had put it away to start my very first HAED - The Witching Hour. This will be a good excuse to work a bit on both of them. Although, I may be crazy trying to do this - should be preparing next week for my trip to Alberta!
    Gail, I'm in love with The Witching Hour. Some day......
    Debby

Sue, it must be so much fun to be stitching in the yellows and the greens all in one piece. I'm so stuck in browns. I even cheer when I can use some black now and then.

Robert, this will be amazing. I can relate to the confetti too. But I know it makes the detail of the piece and eventually it just comes to life.

It's great to see so many people joining in this time.
    Debby

DebbyS - Oh, yes I am loving the colors. At times I feel like I see a rainbow, then get a little further along and the rainbow has blended in. Yeah the last seed packet took me 5 months and was majority confetti, so am glad this one is not as much.

I really like to see everyone's progress too.

Hi Robert! Love your piece. That is a gorgeous painting. The confetti just gives it so much depth.

Sue I can see your seed packet photo from the second try and I love these.

I got some done on my Magic Potion and hope I can get some more done the next few days before I go away for Easter weekend. I am still working on my first colour on this 2 page spread as there is a lot. I may take a smaller project with me to work on and am thinking my Harry Potter stitch along needs some love as I am 2 months behind. We are going to Kamloops to celebrate two 75th birthday's. One is my Mom's older sister and the other is their Mom's youngest sister. Aunty Gladys and Great Aunty Karen are not quite 2 weeks apart in age and were raised more like cousins than Aunt and Niece. It is going to be fun with my Dad and I going and my Mom's younger sister is coming with us. Another whirlwind weekend away, but it will be great to spend some time with them all.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Confetti nightmare. <shudders> I love the effect confetti produces, but I will admit that there are times when I wish it away. Talk about slowing down the progress. I feel for both of you.

I love your seed packet, Sue. Just love the colors.

I made some relatively good progress on Autumn Garden Labyrinth yesterday and hope to make more today. This will probably be my last day in a couple of weeks to make any major headway on it, as I need to start prepping for our departure a week from Wednesday, and then we'll be gone for two weeks. I don't know why it is, but I can't leave home without doing a major clean of my house. And with three Maine Coons, it's not like it will stay that way while we're gone! I think it's just the principal of the thing. My goal for today was to get the spring fertilizer and pre-emergent herbicide applied on the landscaping beds, which I just finished, so I am now off to stitch!

<pauses and starts to laugh> We have a carpeted cat post with platforms in our living room that is about 5 feet tall. Thunder, our one year old Maine Coon, and Lewis , the 5 month old kitten, are currently playing on it. Thunder was sitting on top with his tail hanging through an access hole down to the next level were Lewis was playing. Thunder was deliberately baiting him, flicking his tail in Lewis' face. Suddenly, Lewis reached out, grabbed Thunder's tail, and bit it. Thunder squawked, jerked, and was so startled, he lost his balance and fell off of the post. Lewis looked quite pleased with himself as Thunder stalked off, quite affronted. A few seconds later, he came charging back in and ran Lewis off of the pole. Just gotta love free entertainment! This is Rolling Thunder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thunder on the pole.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	308.6 KB 
ID:	8652 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Handsome Boy 3-26-18.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	303.8 KB 
ID:	8653
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Debbie - Sounds like you are fully booked with activities. I am still giggling over you kitty cat synopsis. Thanks for sharing.

Bummed my progress has had to slow down on the Seed Packet. Was helping my son move to his house yesterday and must have
    lifted something wrong as my right wrist is not happy today. Hope to get back at it tomorrow.

Happy stitching all.

Images
    Making steady progress on my project, it making a bit more sense to loo at now Good progress on the seed packet sue. Hope everyone else doing well with their projects.

Images
    Here is my small progress on David. I had hoped to stitch more, but we've been getting ready to leave tomorrow, so lots of 'stuff' to do. most of the progress was along his back, which is mostly confetti.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6409.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	8657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6416.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	8658

I'm taking a smaller Artecy chart to work on while we are away for the next four weeks, so I'll see if I can learn how to post photos from my iPad.

I'll still be checking in and cheering you all along in this SAL!
    Wendy

Well one stitch done is one less to do, as we all say. Wendy - Have a terrific and safe vacation.
    Happy stitching to everyone else.

Images
    Thank you Sue!
    Wendy