Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: March Friday - Monday SAL

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    Debby that does sound interesting. Picking your own colours might stress me out though. I didnít know such mystery stitching existed. Where did you find out about it? I would be interested in looking into it.

Wendy I am away this weekend so canít join in, however I always look forward to other peoples progress. Have a nice weekend everyone.
    Lucette, I received an email from my local stitching guild about this mystery SAL. So I linked on the site and there it was. I just had to do it. Of course there's a Facebook page for it too, and when I'm there, the "suggestions" on the right show lots of other SALs. Some other mystery ones too. I couldn't resist. The super nice part is that it's free!!!! Do you want the link to this one?

Hope you have a good weekend....

Wendy, I'll try to do my usual miserable 10 or so stitches on Winter this time. I might as well, since winter weather has returned. Our snow was just about gone in the front yard, but it's all back now. And the snow plow even went by today. The city could have saved the money. It was about +5C and it was melting fast.

I love your David. What an amazing piece that will be! Did you know it was going to be that big?

Tamara, hope your dad is OK when he hears the news. How is your niece doing? I haven't ever gone through that, but it must be one of the worst things ever.

I'm trying to switch to using a laptop, but I have to transfer a lot of files. Better get back to it.

Images
    Thank you Debby! I figured he would be big, but not that big! I feel for you with the snow - we're all hunkered in today, and possibly tomorrow, although it's supposed to be above zero all week. Hopefully it won't last long.

Enjoy your laptop!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarack29 View Post
    Well I really have not had time to stitch this weekend. Went to a hockey game Friday night and got to sit in the company box. Just WHL, but it was fun. Then on Saturday I got some bad news and had to go spend some time with my sister's to console and support her and her youngest daughter. My niece was pregnant and just lost the baby. Kayla is young, only 18, and this would have been the first grand child. She is resilient and is doing better and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. It hurts, but she knows time will help and she has lots of time to have kids later. The hardest part right now is my Dad is on vacation at his brother's house in Washington State. He is super excited about all this and we are not telling him until he gets home in a few days. We don't want him rushing home, especially on these roads.

Onto better news though. So the weekend of the 17th and 18th I will not be able to join in with Potions because I will be going to Nanaimo for the weekend. I get to see Vancouver Island University for the first time even though I have a diploma from them already (it was all online schooling). And I am getting to see Carmen as she will drive over to see me. So I will beat her up in person to see if I can get her to join in again or at least do a check in.

Tamara I am so sorry for your niece but as you say she is so young and resilient and time is a great healer xxx

Oh I am so jealous I love nanaimo (especially the Nanaimo bars they are just delish) but that will have to wait until next year

And yes you have my permission to Ďpersuadeí Carmen to come talk to us xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh my I know I havenít been around much girls but you have all done so much I am amazed x

I will be back when my house is settled and back to normal which is still a few weeks away xx I will add I formation on my thread for the kitchen xxxx

Keep up the good work girls as this is helping me to keep sane xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Hope we'll see you back soon, Chris!
    Wendy

Debby, if you don’t mind sharing the link I would like to check it out. Thank you!

Lucette, here's the link:

http://linenandthreads.com/mystery-s...-stitch-a-long

It's Australian!

Thank you Debby!

Ok, here's before and after. You really can't see that much difference. I plugged away at the left side of the main tree trunk some more. There's going to be another building showing up just below that bit, so that's my goal - make it that far sometime soon.

Before:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020899.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	8624 After: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020908.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	8625