Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: March Friday - Monday SAL

Chris, that is a serious renovation project! I would really love a new kitchen, but it's not in the budget. We have a summer house too, and keeping the two of them going is expensive. I'm not complaining, really. I know how lucky I am.

Images
    Debby, any progress is better than none, and I can see your progress this SAL. I was looking at the whole picture in the store and see that when you get this horizontal row finished you will be well over half-way. Now that's something to celebrate!

Here is my progress on David.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6383.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	8626 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6392.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	8627
    Wendy

Well done with David, Wendy. He looks lovely and white, but I know you said there are hardly any whites in the floss list.
    It's funny, I expected the snow to be white in Winter, but it's mostly creams.

I guess you have enough snow where you are these days. We're getting another dump of it today and tomorrow. Oh joy. But the kids are now on March Break here, so most of them are happy to be out sledding and stuff.

I've gone back to my Mystery SAL now, itching to start the dragons, which are the main event for the March edition. I'm way behind now. But that's OK.
    I really should be knitting. I've got a sweater started and by the time I finish it, it won't fit the little girl it's for.

Tamara, I hope your visit to the island is fun. I've never been there. I attended a wedding in Vancouver in 2000 and that's about it as far as my travel in the west. And I've never been to the Maritimes either. Sad, isn't it?

Images
    Thank you Debby! You are right - hardly any whites at all! I wouldn't have believed it about your snow a few months ago, but I understand completely now.

We are supposed to be having a huge storm right now, but it seems to be melting as soon as it hits the streets and nothing is staying. I hope it stays that way all night. May your dump be just as light!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbyS View Post
    Chris, that is a serious renovation project! I would really love a new kitchen, but it's not in the budget. We have a summer house too, and keeping the two of them going is expensive. I'm not complaining, really. I know how lucky I am.
    Debby you would think at my age why go through this but since retiring I realise how small my kitchen was - when working I didn’t have the time to cook and bake and now I do

Would be nice to have a summer house but think pete would leave home if I suggest any more lol x apart from the fact that we don’t have any more spare cash - we’ll we didn’t really for this either but as of today we now only own one Home as our youngest son wife and baby Aubrey have bought the house they were renting from us and some of that is paying for the renovations
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Our snow is melting here. They think breakup for logging (when the roads get too muddy to haul the logs out on as it damages the roads too much) will be in 1 or 2 weeks at the latest. Suddenly it is spring. I was out in a long sleeve t-shirt with a normal t-shirt and no jacket yesterday and it was gorgeous. Of course I was out Saturday morning at -4C in shorts shovelling off the deck too so I am admittedly a bit used to the cold.

This trip to Nanaimo is going to be quick with leaving tomorrow and getting back Sunday night. We are driving out at 5am or so tomorrow to make the last ferry of the day to the Island. My Dad and I love long road trips and with us we switch off driving so we can look around sometimes. He is going to a convention and I get to visit friends, see the school I got an online diploma from, and just look around. There is also what is supposed to be a good needlework store there that I would like to check out too. I have not been to the Island since the summer of 1977 when I was about 10 or 11 months old so this will be a whole new experience with ferries and such.

Debby you have gone farther across the country than I. I can say I have been in 3 provinces and 2 territories. I have been all the way across Alberta and through Saskatchewan almost to Manitoba by car. I wish we could have gone the extra 20 or so kilometers from my Uncle's (Mom's brother's) house and crossed into Manitoba, especially since it was near Russel, MB and the area my Dad's parents grew up. I need to go on a good road trip across the country.

Wendy your David is looking great. It pops off that black fabric. I know it does not have white, but I think it has the range of colours I named: want to be white, almost white, sorta white, nearly white, why is this not called white?,...

Debby any stitches done is progress. That tree is coming along great.

Got a bit of progress done. It is more like the past 2 weeks for this. I had to include a whole photo as I now have stitches across the whole 600 stitch width of it. Now to find the time to finish filling in those 2 pages. That is all one colour and I have a lot more of it to do which helps it go faster.

Before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1533[1].jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	8628 After:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1556[1].jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	8629 Total width:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1557[1].jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	682.3 KB 
ID:	8630
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Wendy, despite your kind invocation for a light dump of snow - nope. It snowed all night and it has snowed non-stop today. Yuck. We had to go out to take the baby to the doctor (nothing serious) and the driving was not great at all. Of course, when it snows, my son has to work (for a plowing company) so that means if there are appointments, grandma has to go. We've been to quite a few this winter. Next week he gets his second set of shots, so I hope his dad can go to that appointment.

We heard on The Weather Network that New Brunswick got lots of snow. Power outages and all that good stuff. Hope you're OK. Do you have someone to shovel for you or do you do it yourselves?
    Last edited by DebbyS; 03-14-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Tamara, I love your names for "white". So funny.

I hope it stays spring where you are. I won't be in shorts until I go south in May. I simply cannot get used to cold. I used to love cold and winter, but as soon as I visited the Caribbean, I completely flipped around and now the hotter the better.

Even though I've been in Vancouver, I think you've seen more the country than I have. We flew so I saw the Rockies from above. It was a really clear day and so it was very nice looking down. And that was just fine for me. I am not a fan of mountains. I think I would like the prairies. The small rolling hills and lakes and rivers and fields where we live is nice for me. It's fairly flat and the "mountains" are not high. The Laurentians are just across the Ottawa River here and there are some hills close to our summer place, but they're OK.

Tamara, your Potion is fabulous. I love that I can see the whole of the piece across now. Can't wait to see it fill in. Maybe we can celebrate a row finish together.

I'm going back to my SAL for a bit now. I love the extra light with daylight savings.

Images
    Oohh Tamara, I love seeing the full view of your Potion! It gets hard to visualize when we see the up-close photos of your progress. Those dark colours have a softness to them, and the light shining through the window lights things up beautifully! Marcus did a great job charting this one, and you are doing it justice. Enjoy your trip to Nanaimo! I was there once about twenty years ago. I felt that I should have a Nanaimo bar in Nanaimo, and what a job that was to find one!

Debbie, our snow came down non-stop, and the winds were howling, but there wasn't the accumulation that was feared in my city although school was cancelled in the whole province yesterday. We do have someone to plow out our driveway and we just have to shovel the walkway and just in from of the garage doors. This snow was wet and very heavy.
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning everyone! This week is our SAL for both GK and non-GK charts. I'll be finishing up my current page on David and getting a good start on the next one, which is about a diagonal half-page, and also will be a row end. The huge piece of fabric scared me, but most of it isn't stitched so the rows go quickly!
    Wendy