Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: March Friday - Monday SAL

Wow, that is long. I also wonder what I will do with the bigger ones, but I enjoy them so much that I don’t worry for long. I just enjoy the process.

Images
    What are you working on now, Lucette?
    Wendy

I am almost finished a custom chart Marcus made for me many years ago. The presenting of Jesus by Pontius Pilate. I put aside my mountain landscape with a castle last summer for this. I also have the map that I started a few years ago but also put this aside. You don’t move as fast with more than one on the go, so I decided to push through on just one. Has paid off as I have three pages to go and I will be done. I decided not to complete the top row as it was just sky and the top of buildings.

Images
    Oohh, we'd love to see it! A finish is in the offing!
    Wendy

I should have explained how the "mystery" part works. We get one part of the design per month. Of course, the super slow way I stitch I'm behind already. The bit in the middle of the top row is indeed a figure - a guy with a kind of tunic and a sword; I just can't decide whether to do his tunic in dark green or the variegated silk that has a lot of orange in it. And then there's the fence for February that's boring me to tears. March has three dragons in it and I'm just itching to get them done. I'll use the variegated for their wings mostly and maybe put in some sparkle with some blending filament. It will depend on what I find in my stash. What I find challenging is trying to choose what colours to put where because I don't know what's coming up next. I guess it will all blend in in the end.
    Some people have chosen to use lots and lots of colours and some are doing it in just one for a dramatic monochromatic look. They are all just amazing.

Images
    It sounds fascinating, Debby! I'd go crazy having to pick out my own colours, so I'll eagerly await all your updates to see what you have chosen to do!
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning everyone! This week is our SAL for GK projects. We're expecting a lot of snow, so I'll likely have loads of stitching time on David. What a shame about the storm, as our snow was almost gone - normally unheard of for the first of March. Mother Nature hasn't finished with us yet for this winter! Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

I will try and join you again. Things have settled down here now, but Dad gets home probably tomorrow night (next Wednesday at the latest as he and I are going to Nanaimo the next day). He is retired and is enjoying his time which is good.

Wendy David looks wonderful and that will be huge! Maybe a make him into a lap blanket? LOL I hope you guys are okay with all the snow you are expecting. I saw some in the news on it and it looks like a not so nice storm. Here we still have lots of snow, but it is getting warmer. I was out in the bush on Tuesday and even though it was still below freezing the sun was out and there was a little water running on the south facing roads. The next few days are expected to go just above freezing during the day, but it will still take quite a while to get rid of our snow as it is over my waist in the yard and I am 6 feet tall.

Debby your project sounds like fun, except that fence. I have a Harry Potter stitch a long I am trying. Started in January, but I am already 2 months behind. I need to pick a night a week just to work on it I think.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Debby that does sound interesting. Picking your own colours might stress me out though. I didn’t know such mystery stitching existed. Where did you find out about it? I would be interested in looking into it.

Wendy I am away this weekend so can’t join in, however I always look forward to other peoples progress. Have a nice weekend everyone.

Images
    Tamara, your snow sounds like what we normally have here at the first of March. Our February is usually bitterly cold with lots of snow storms, but I think the daytime temperatures were zero or above for most of the month and we had lots of rain, which never happens! It looks like we're making up for it now, though. At least it's only two weeks til spring - bring it on!

Lucette, enjoy your weekend! Hopefully you'll be able to join in sometime soon.
    Wendy