Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: March Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Owe Ouch! Stop it Tamara! I’m online again! Lol

Hi Everyone!
    I picked up Tamara here in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island and first thing she says, You should sign back in! Lol I think she forgave me cause I took her to the local needlecraft/crossstitch store! We had a good morning!
    Im sorry I’ve been away, I haven’t stitched much at all due to two new businesses starting up, and moving and just plain hadn’t unpacked my stuff!
    Ill catch up again soon, but first I need to heal from the abuse Tamara gave me! Lol !
    Miss you all!
    Carmen
    "But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more."

Hans Christian Anderson

Images
    Hi Carmen - it's great to hear from you again! Tamara told us she was going to be very hard on you, so I'm glad to hear that she followed through! Enjoy your visit with her, and we will all be eagerly awaiting your return to stitching.
    Wendy

Images
    Hello all,
    Due to several mental bruises still healing from Tamaras visit ( lol) I promptly reset up 'The Lady and the Unicorn' , and made a new comfy place to work in the living room, I just need a proper lamp there now! So today I'm heading into town to get a good one! Adjustable arch lamp type I hope!
    I also must head in to pick up my niece and nephew coming in for a visit during the spring break! They are flying in by themselves for the first time, they are 13 and 10... So quite the adventure for them! I'll be taking them to Micheal's to pick out some craft projects to do while here as it looks like a rainy week ahead
    Ill be moving again come June/July so I did some packing while unpacking Lady yesterday..lol a confusing day to be sure! I'll be living in Nanaimo! And now that I know there is an excellent stitching store there, who even meet on weekends to stitch together! I'll be joining the SAL more often ahead!
    Wendy your David is Divine!
    Chris..I could send you some Nanaimo bars from the source if you like!? There's the first bakery downtown that makes the original ones...I could post you a few
    Tamara..I miss you already! It was wonderful to talk and explore and visit!!
    Till than...
    Carmen

Hans Christian Anderson

I left Carmen's hands free of bruises so she can stitch and type, but that black eye might be a problem to see out of. LOL It was fun and of course the best part was seeing Carmen. I have new fabric and a new little project to go in my stash from the store. And a giant clear glass jar from the antique store next to the needlework shop to put my thread ends in as I am rapidly filling the antique bottle (like a wine bottle size and shape old whiskey bottle) I got in the Yukon. I very much want to go back for a longer visit. There is a lake that told us it wants my kayak to come visit. Meanwhile back home the kayak is under the house (modular up on tall pilings creating a nice crawl space) and we can't get there due to the 3 feet of snow still hanging around.

Carmen took me to see giant trees. She sent this photo to another friend of ours back here in Prince George to which our friend replied "Dammit Carmen she isn't going to want to come home!". I really do love trees and this Douglas Fir is huge. I have a wingspan of 6 feet / 180cm-ish and as you can see I only cove a bit of the tree. What I am looking at for logged trees up here sometimes only count as branches where Carmen is
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1570[1].JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	194.4 KB 
ID:	8636
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Thank you Carmen! Another move? Ouch! Enjoy your time with your niece and nephew - that will be such an adventure for them all alone. I'm already anticipating all of your updates. Our next SAL will be an extended one, so the timing of your return to stitching is perfect!

Tamara, I'm glad you left Carmen's hands alone! Wow, that's one huge tree! And ... it's great to have a face to put to the name - pleased to make your acquaintance!
    Wendy

Images

Name:	IMG_2993.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	8638
    Heres Tamara and I in Catherdral Grove, you can google image it as it's a famous place, some of the largest trees in Canada and the North Americas grow there, there's a few bigger trees in California, but not as many as what's here, or still growing here! Even the trees in the forest behind my house are 2-3 ft in diameter, it's lovely walking there!
    I found a nice lamp yesterday in Nanaimo and picked up my niece and nephew at the airport. We went to Micheals, Shaelynn picked out a cross stitch mini-kit! ( I didn't prompt her too much, I told her I'm working on mine and she wanted to try it! She loves sewing already and crafts so it's a good first step to her addiction lol!)
    Ill post her project on here as she wants to work on it each evening before bed Which means I'll be stitching too!

Hans Christian Anderson

Images
    Well, I was going to be joining in on the SAL this weekend with Autumn Garden Labryinth, but I ended up sick all weekend with some kind of a stomach bug. So I made no progress on it at all. <sighs> Oh well, I'm better now, so hopefully I'll get back on track again. Carman, it's great to see you back again. Will look forward to seeing your progress soon.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    What a lovely photo of the two of you! I've been to Cathedral Grove before, it's probably been more than twenty years ago, and really loved it! Enjoy your stitching with your niece, Carmen!

Oh Debbie, that's too bad. I hope you're back to normal now. The next SAL will be an extended one, so you should be able to get lots done then!

I haven't had a chance to take my progress photos yet, but I'll try before it gets dark.
    Wendy

Images
    Here's my David. Peter wants me to be sure to tell all of you that this is the first armpit I have ever stitched!

Name:	IMG_6399.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	8640 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6406.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	8641
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Wendy your David is just stunning xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk