Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: March Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Thank you Chris!
    Wendy

Wendy I am so enjoying your progress on David. He is amazing.

I had contemplated taking a small kit with me on my trip, but it was so busy I would not have done anything. Carmen kept me so busy on Saturday and my other friend also did on Friday during the day. My only real time to relax would have been Friday night, but I went out for a walk along the ocean front and then dinner with my Dad and one of his long time friends. My best trick down there was to wander around being completely comfortable in a t-shirt only while some of the locals were bundled right up in winter jackets and hoods up even. Goes to show how large Canada is when I only live what 1/3 of the way north in the country and that is the difference in climate between here and there.

Carmen glad your niece is wanting to try! Have so much fun with them. And remember you will not melt in the rain.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Thank you Tamara - I'm enjoying stitching him, too!

It's great that you and Carmen were able to get back together, and that you started her stitching again! I can completely relate to your t-shirt story. We have travelled in Europe where people were all bundled up. When we would see someone dressed as lightly as we were, we would say that they must be Canadians too!
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy, David is positively gorgeous. And you were absolutely right. The black fabric is perfect for the design. I don't think it would have looked nearly as good on any other color.

And to feed into my chronic startitis, at the tail end of last weekend, when I finally started feeling better, I started something new. I saw it on preview and knew Chuck would like it, so I ordered it from my "local" LNS (which is 2 hours away!) This was a new design that just came out at the Nashville market. The design is European and uses specialty fabric created by the design company. It was one of those that had to be pre-ordered because it's availability in the States was based on the designer actually coming to Nashville to market this year and she was bringing only enough charts to fulfill pre-orders. Of course, as he can often do, Chuck surprised me. When it arrived, I showed it to him. It was one of a set of three and when he saw the others, he pointed out a second chart and said, "I like this one, too." Figures. I was able to locate a copy of the chart with fabric from another source so will be getting it, as well. So this is "Spirit of the Woods: The Fox". "Spirit of the Woods: The Hedgehog" is on order through Bush Mountain Stitchery. The third in the set was the English Robin, but I decided to pass on that one since I still have Merry Xmas in process, which is also an English Robin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Fox.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	379.7 KB 
ID:	8642 The Design Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Fox 3-20-18.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	607.6 KB 
ID:	8643 Progress as of 3/20/18 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Hedgehog.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	8644 The Hedgehog, which I haven't received yet
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Oh, and I'm in for the extended SAL weekend. I'll be working on Autumn Garden Labyrinth and possibly doing a bit more stitching on The Fox.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Love the photo. Carmen, I don't think we've met, but HI from Ottawa.

I love that you can get a young one interested. So many young people just spend time on their "devices" ....

Lovely, Wendy. And there are other interesting bits to stitch too, aren't there?

I somehow forgot to post my before and after of my Mystery SAL. So here goes...

Name:	P1020909.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	8645Before

Name:	P1020910.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	8646After

Images
    Thank you Debbie and Debby!

Debbie, I love your Fox and your Badger! Your Chuck is certainly quite a guy!

Debby, your Mystery SAL is lovely! It's great seeing the person all filled in on the top, and I love all that detail in the next row - gorgeous, but I imagine it is a pain stitching it.
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbyS View Post
    I somehow forgot to post my before and after of my Mystery SAL. So here goes...
    Oooh, this is the first picture of the actual stitching on the Linens and Threads 2018 Mystery SAL that I've seen. I like it! And I love your color choice, Debby. What's the variegated thread that you're using?
    Debbie K. in Illinois