Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: March Friday - Monday SAL

Images

March Friday - Monday SAL

Good morning everyone! This week is our SAL for both GK and non-GK charts, and I'll be continuing on with David hoping to get his upper arm finished. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

I will join in with Potions and try to get closer to my end of the row goal. And I may be going to a friend's to do a stitch and visit session so I may also work on something smaller and portable.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Well I really have not had time to stitch this weekend. Went to a hockey game Friday night and got to sit in the company box. Just WHL, but it was fun. Then on Saturday I got some bad news and had to go spend some time with my sister's to console and support her and her youngest daughter. My niece was pregnant and just lost the baby. Kayla is young, only 18, and this would have been the first grand child. She is resilient and is doing better and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. It hurts, but she knows time will help and she has lots of time to have kids later. The hardest part right now is my Dad is on vacation at his brother's house in Washington State. He is super excited about all this and we are not telling him until he gets home in a few days. We don't want him rushing home, especially on these roads.

Onto better news though. So the weekend of the 17th and 18th I will not be able to join in with Potions because I will be going to Nanaimo for the weekend. I get to see Vancouver Island University for the first time even though I have a diploma from them already (it was all online schooling). And I am getting to see Carmen as she will drive over to see me. So I will beat her up in person to see if I can get her to join in again or at least do a check in.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

So sorry to hear about the bad news, Tamara. Your sister and niece are very lucky to have your support right now. I hope your dad is OK when he is told.

Well, this is my effort on my non-GK chart. It's a mystery SAL from Linens & Threads in Australia. I heard about it through my local stitching guild and in a moment of madness decided to take it on. So here's before and after from last weekend.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020901.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	8616 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020902.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	8617

Images
    Aww Tamara, that is so sad. From personal experience I know that it is difficult and can play havoc with one's emotions for a month or two while the hormones sort themselves out, in addition to the grief. I think you made the right decision to wait to tell your father.

Enjoy your trip to Nanaimo, and yes, try to get Carmen stitching again!

Here is my David. I still can't take good photos of him (sort of a waffle look to the texture), but they are better than the earlier ones. He is quite magnificent in person!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6357.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	8618 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6373.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	8619
    Wendy

Images
    We must have been posting at the same time Debby! I'm late leaving the house and will comment later.
    Wendy

Images
    Ok, back home again!

A mystery SAL is an intriguing idea Debby! How does that work - do they give you bits and pieces to do at a time? This is lovely, with beautiful colours and a light and airy feel to it. Is that a person developing in the middle piece? It looks like a head and some legs, although they aren't connected to a body yet! Perhaps you don't even know yet - still a mystery!!
    Wendy

Hello! I have been gone for a while. I don’t have any pictures to post, I just came to see what everyone was working on.

Debby that is pretty. A mystery SAL? Sounds intriguing.

Wendy I like your David! You look like you are moving fast on this pattern. How many pages is this one?

Images
    Thank you Lucette, and welcome back! It's hard to say how many pages - there are 80 pages in the chart, but a good number of them are blank. He's going to be almost three feet tall - 10 rows of pages! I have no idea where I will ever put him, but I'm enjoying the stitching immensely.
    Wendy