Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February Friday - Monday SAL

Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Good morning everyone! This week is our SAL for GK charts and I'll be continuing on with David. Will anyone be joining in? (Please, please!! )

Next month has five weekends so we'll be having an extended SAL. Hopefully we'll have some of our regulars back by then.
    I don't know what happened. I had a post partly composed and one image uploaded and then suddenly it told me I wasn't logged in anymore. Hmmmm.

So, now I just have time to post my before and after if it lets me. Have to get back to work!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020898.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	8606Before Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020900.jpg 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	8607 After

Images
    You're making great progress, Debby! I know you didn't stitch as much as you wanted, but every stitch counts. This chart is such a beauty. Your little grandson must be growing like a weed!

We didn't get your freezing rain, thankfully - we've had so much of it this month already. I've never seen a February like this before in my life - no bitter cold and most days above zero. Eat your heart out Tamara, in your -30 weather. That's normally what we have for the whole month here on the east coast.

Chris, I'm envious of your daffodils!

Debby, I find that if a post takes four or five minutes it times out, so I rush with a long post. It's frustrating to lose it and start over.
    Wendy

Images
    I've discovered that timeout problem, too, so what I've taken to drafting the post and then before I try to upload the pictures, I copy the narrative. Then, if the system times out on me, I don't have to redraft the narrative. I just log back in, paste the saved post into a new reply window, attach the pictures and I'm good to go!

Debby, I think you've made good progress since the last time you posted. I really do like this design.

I'll look forward to seeing everyone's progress this week. I've been a little lax on Autumn Garden Labyrinth since posting my last update. I needed a bit of a break from the design. I spent yesterday prepping a smaller work that I put on a snap frame. This is something that I can easily pick up and work in my chair rather than at my needlework stand. I've no particular target for a finish on it and is more something that can be used as a breather from other larger projects when I'm suffering symptoms of boredom on the design I'm currently working. I'm working it on 32 count 1 x 1 so it's nothing I'll want to concentrate on exclusively for a protracted period of time, but it makes a quick and easy switch. I got in about 250 stitches on it yesterday, which was enough, and now I'll go back to Autumn Garden Labyrinth with more enthusiasm.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Thank you for the encouragement, Wendy and Debbie. After my few stitches on Winter, I went back to my mystery SAL. I'm completely obsessed with it. There are 10,000 people doing it all over the world and some of the pieces are just so gorgeous. There are some very talented people out there. Some people have such a wonderful sense of colour. I just don't. Mostly I completely rely on a designer, but this time I have to put some thought into it myself. It's actually kind of fun being out of my comfort zone so to speak.

Well, back to work. Once this transcription project is done, I'll be out of work for awhile again, but I'm not going to complain.

Debbie, I'm in awe of the speed you have. It would probably take me a month or more to do 250 stitches. I don't tend to count my stitches or my time. I just plod along. Drives my husband nuts. He likes to "measure things." LOL

Images
    Debbie and Debby, I can't wait to see your new projects!

Here is my progress on David. His neck is so powerful looking with the strain and concentration of winding up his slingshot. We can see his arm developing under his shoulder and across his neck. I'm so pleased with the chart Marcus has done for me!

Name:	IMG_6347.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	8608 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6354.JPG 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	8609
    Wendy

Okay I hope this works. Apologies for any weirdness as I am doing this on my phone. I had a productive weekend and finished my page and got set up to start the final 2 on this row. So there is a full width photo too.

I will I’ll have to check everyone’s updates when I get back on the computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CB6152A4-342B-4855-9C11-532C02223954.jpg   37FC4901-CF9F-4DD5-A2F7-E8AB88BE57FC.jpg   77594C81-A342-49B6-8B97-80418D82A761.jpg  
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Congratulations on your page finish, Tamara! It's amazing how those big blobs of colour that we watch in your close-up updates transform into this beautiful, magical piece. Two pages to a page finish- exciting! I can't remember, is this the blended or solid version?
    Wendy

Images
    Oh, Tamara, this is just beautiful! It's amazing how dark the design looks when you just post the section pictures, and yet how bright it looks when you get a picture of the entire project. For all that you're getting back into confetti hell, I'll be you're anxious to go back to the book shelves on the left.

Debby, one of the things that's fun about the new piece is that because the count is so small, I can work with a single strand of floss. That makes things move along so much more quickly. When working with two, I have to railroad all of the stitches to make sure they lay correctly and that slows the stitching down dramatically. This design is a Heaven and Earth Designs piece called Magical Arrival. It's a storykeep, which is a small segment of a much larger piece. I chose it because I like the whimsical feel of it. Personally, I think I'd like to get one of these in my stocking on Christmas morning!

Name:	Storykeep Magical Arrival Image.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	8613
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    What a beauty this is going to be, Debbie! I hope we'll get to see some progress pics of it.
    Wendy

Images
    Hey, look. I managed to do my weekend SAL update before the next weekend SAL was announced. Progress! I've been holding off waiting for better light. It's been overcast and raining (or snowing) since last Saturday. This morning it dawned clear and bright so I have good light for taking the pictures.

I made fairly good progress on Autumn Garden Labyrinth. Got the entire center finished and laid in the green border pattern on the left. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to just work the entire left side or work both sides at the same time. It seems to go a bit quicker if I do both sides at the same time, probably because I'm in the rhythm of the particular design. I've also included a picture of the progress on Magical Arrival, although it doesn't look like much at this point. There's actually four colors worked in here so far, although you can't tell it from the picture (all are very dark shades). I do have an error on the right hand side that is going to have to come out. I got an extra stitch in one of the colors on the very top row. So rather than being 75 stitches across, it's 76. I didn't catch it until I'd finished the third row. Right now it's not a big deal but it will compound itself if I don't get it out of there. Luckily, there's no confetti in it at this point (all blocks of color) so other than it being 32 count which will be a pain to pull, it shouldn't be hard to correct. So here's where I stand as of Monday evening.

Name:	Progress 2-21-18.jpg 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	8620 As of 2/21/18 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Progress 3-8-18 Full.jpg 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	8621 As of 3/6/18 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Storykeep Magical Arrival Image.jpg 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	8623 Magical Arrival Design Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Progress 3-8-18.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	685.1 KB 
ID:	8622 Progress as of 3/8/18
    Debbie K. in Illinois